Re: SWGOH wont connect to Google play account.

by DemoniusAlpha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWGOH wont connect to Google play account.

★★ Novice

For nearly a week now, I have been unable to connect to SWGOH with the account I have been using for nearly 5 years. 

I have usually connected via Google Play but now ehen I do I get the generic loading screen but with a large white box in the middle with a circle spinning in the middle top of it. 

I have deleted Google play and re-installed and i have also emptied the cash. I have also completed exactly the same procedure with the game too. 

I can start from scratch and play the game but when i attempt to use the google play account on SWGOH it will not connect. 

I have added a screen shot to try and explain. 

Any ideas anyone?

Message 1 of 26 (9,947 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
After almost a week of having this issue I finally found this answer in the google support forums and IT WORKED!!!!!

After a lot of searching I have finally fixed this problem. My gmail address was still set up as the old googlemail.com. Some new app developers are apparently now only using gmail.com so it's not connecting to the API with the old address.

To fix this I went to https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/accounts basically the settings within gmail. I then switched my email to end in @gmail.com instead of @googlemail.com. This seems to have fixed the issue with the games I was trying to sign in with.

I hope this is helps someone else.

View in thread

Message 11 of 26 (11,222 Views)

All Replies

Hi thre, @Malster017 

Have you tried to connect to google play with a wifi connection?
If so, try to install the game on another android device when available and see if it connects.

Message 2 of 26 (9,893 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi DarkBanishing

I have now tried it now via 4G and via Wifi. 

I have now tried it on two different Android devices and get the same response.

Thanks for the ideas though. 

I am still baffled by this

Malster

Message 3 of 26 (9,882 Views)

@Malster017 

Have you checked if there are any updates for google play?

Delete SWGoH and launch the game from your google play app. If you have saved it on google Play properly, it should auto install and connect automatically when you first open the game.

Message 4 of 26 (9,840 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I have tried all of the above and it is still not working. Nearly 3 weeks now. 

Message 5 of 26 (9,817 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Malster017 , and this also didn't work on another android device either?

If not, your gamedata on your google play account might have gotten corrupted somehow. Did you check your device has android 7.0 or higher?

Message 6 of 26 (9,788 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Having the same problem, hopefully my phone won't break down. Any other way to save or link the account? Would linking it to FB help?

Message 7 of 26 (9,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. I get the same infinite loading screen from goohle play games where it never connects to the game. All other games that are connected to google play games do work fine.I have the issue on both devices I'm using ( Samsung Galaxy S8 and Huawei Media Pad M5 ). Is there a fix dear developers ?

Best Regards OU

Message 8 of 26 (9,526 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Greetings,

I am sorry to hear that all of you are experiencing the same Issue.

@Malster017 the Picture you have attached may be a clue, that it isn’t SWGoHs Problem, but Google Plays.

In the Past I used an Android Device for a Game I was playing years ago. One day, the same happened to me, My Google Play Account was reloading the entire time and I was unable to sign in. I was in contact with the Support for a great amount of Time, until I got the Idea to contact Google and it has worked indeed.

That is what has helped all this time ago.

The Advisor was guiding me through some troubleshooting steps. One was to clear the cache what has helped at the end. But there are a lot more options.

Google Play Support

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7100415?hl=en

I don’t know if it still works, because I am using iOS for a couple of years now.

I hope I was able to help you.

If not, EA is also offering troubleshooting steps for such problems, perhaps there are some more you could try.

Kind Regards.

Message 9 of 26 (9,517 Views)

★ Novice

I am getting the same problem now I cannot login to game for 3days now ,anyone sorted this ??

Message 10 of 26 (9,174 Views)