Re: SWGOH is being closed by Android 9/P too often

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

SWGOH is being closed by Android 9/P too often

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-950F)
OS Version Android P 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 798747199
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug SWGOH is being closed by Android 9/P too often even factory reset and system upgrade. Please implement feature FEATURE_CANT_SAVE_STATE available since Android 9/P for the SWGOH Android client. This would help greatly if we could tell system not to mess with the game while we play. Specs: https://source.android.com/compatibility/9/android-9-cdd#3_17_heavyweight_apps
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open browser/IM/*app and put SWGOH into background. System will often close the game.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Czechia

Message 1 of 3 (573 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @zeratul021 we're going to try troubleshooting and see if this helps. Could you take a look through the TS advice for iOS or Android players - depending on what device you play SWGOH from - and run through the steps in the article please? 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 3 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna hi, I've tried clearing and reinstalling multiple times before posting here. System and app are always up to date. This issue actually started happening because of a major update. Please have a look at technical information I've posted above (I'm from the industry). Thanks
Message 3 of 3 (427 Views)