Re: SWGOH downloading assets every day

by EA_HighCommand

Original Post

SWGOH downloading assets every day

★ Apprentice

After last content update game prompts to download 26 MB of data every day on my SGS8. I assume it is the same data all over again as the size doesn't change and I don't have the issue on my iPhone.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F)

Android: 8.0.0

Kernel: 4.4.13-13396511

Message 1 of 9 (1,567 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem but it’s on my iPhone 5s. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times but it does not work. Can you help me please ?
Message 2 of 9 (1,533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Mine is 13MB and it takes forever to load with multiple time outs saying there is a prob w my connection and there isn’t. Started from most recent update in May 2018. Happens EVERYDAY the first time I try to play.
Message 3 of 9 (1,495 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with repeated asset downloads.

Usually, clearing your device cache and/or a clean re-install with a strong and stable internet connection is able to resolve the issue.

You can also try switching from WiFi to 3G/4G and the other way around.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps.

Message 4 of 9 (1,439 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hello, I tried clearing the cache, then data, then uninstalling the game. Then I tried to wipe my device cache partition.
On Wifi assets download automatically so you don't always notice the problem. On 4G it gives you a warning dialog. I've tried downloading on 4G as well, didn't help.

None of those helped. The issue persists. I don't observe this on my iPhone 6.
Message 5 of 9 (1,435 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for the swift reply @zeratul021.

Sorry to hear that none of the steps were able to resolve your issue.

Do you have enough space on the device? (silly question, but we want to be sure)

Message 6 of 9 (1,432 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have 30+ gigs free on my 64 GB drive. Heroes utilize 497 MB total. I see Google Play Services and Samsung Gallery have more than 500MB, but who knows if there isn't any hard limit for 3rd party apps around 500MB, just reaching now...

Message 7 of 9 (1,425 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello @EA_HighCommand,

any news on this. Even after TU12 the issue still persists. I want to avoid phone factory reset. Any ideas? Thanks!

Message 8 of 9 (1,373 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! It started to happen on my phone too. Uninstalled the app, reinstalled. Same issue. Installed the game, then cleared cache, and data, then uninstalled, and reinstalled it. Same result. Always want to download assets, when i start the application. Any result that worked for someone? I'm starting to give it up until new update comes for the game.

Phone is Huawei P30 Pro, Android version is 9.1, free space is over 200 GB so its not an issue.

Thx!

Message 9 of 9 (1,183 Views)