Re: SWGOH JUST WONT OPEN

by Bitaln

Original Post

SWGOH JUST WONT OPEN

★★★ Novice
Cant open the game on mobile data it gets stuck on the checking for update screen i can play hd videos and all with my network but the game just refuses to open have missed my daileys for 3 days now. Kindly provide with a fix as there is no point playing the game if i cant compete.
Message 1 of 51 (2,230 Views)

Community Manager

@zaheen Hi, can you try restarting your device to begin with? Sometimes downloads gets stuck and this will help. You may want to check if your system is short on memory too. 

If neither of these are a factor, can you try redownloading the app?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 51 (2,170 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi David
I cleared the cache and the data also uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and have also restarted my device several times
Also the storage and ram r not a problem i think as i have sufficient amount on both when using the game.
Message 3 of 51 (2,156 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying. Do you have the option of connecting to wifi as a test? Perhaps there's a config issue with your mobile network. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 51 (2,145 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes i can play the game on wifi it connects and runs smoothly i am facing the issue only on the mobile data
However if i connect to a wifi hotspot using the same mobile data i can log in
Message 5 of 51 (2,081 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks. I think you may want to reach out to your ISP to see if they changed anything. 

Be sure to check your settings, sometimes phones are configured to only allow certain types of data usage with wifi, and maybe something was changed. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 51 (2,065 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just started having the same problem.  I don't know of any updates today, so I doubt that's the case.  It just gets stuck on the splash screen with "loading cantina" at the bottom of the screen.

Does the same thing whether I'm on Wifi or data.  

Message 7 of 51 (2,010 Views)

★★ Novice
It was working just fine an hour ago. I also rebooted my device several times. I have a tablet on the same network and that device is working fine
Message 8 of 51 (1,998 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I’m just am experiencing and having the same issue for the first time ever. Running the latest IOS software.

I tried turning my WiFi off and load the game from cellular data. No luck. I then restarted my phone. No luck.

I then deleted and redownloaded the app to see if that would help. Still no luck. I haven’t missed a day of play for the last 4 months. And I don’t want to miss the login rewards due to a technicial issue that is on EA’s side.
Message 9 of 51 (1,975 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 10 of 51 (1,968 Views)