Re: SWBF2 startup crash

by Ali_R_Faraji

Original Post

SWBF2 startup crash

★★★★ Apprentice

OK this problem is still happening since I bought the game 

I tried EVERY SINGLE SUGGESTIONS so what I'm doing now is just reminding EA and DICE that this problem is still happening 

hope that finally one day I can play this game 

Message 1 of 10 (990 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Ali_R_Faraji 

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to play SWB2 because of issues with launching it Frown

However, it's impossible for us to report a problem for the studio without any details. Especially, when it comes to issues with starting the game, where majority of the cases ends up with detecting some software or hardware problems on the player's side. Of course, the game might not start up due to some errors in its code triggered by something (like a problem with Origin).

That being said, it would be great if you could give us more information how the situation looks like for you? I know that you've already mentioned your problem a few times on the forum, but compiling everything into one place would be awesome. Could you tell us what exactly happens when you're trying to launch the game? Any error codes? What are your PC's specifications (please attach your DxDiag report to the post)? What troubleshooting steps have your tried and they failed so far?

Many thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 10 (881 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Ataashi 

thank you for your reply

what happen:

whenever I click on SWBF2 in origin to launch it it takes me to first screen(loading screen with picture of iden,maul,rey and...)then after 30 seconds it stuck and then boom crash!

what I have tried:

repairing the game,update the game,update origin,clear origin's cache,clear game's cache,reinstalling both origin and SWBF2,delete SWBF2's document folder and editing the shadow setting(which has been suggested by the community),run as admin and set them compatible (both origin and SWBF2),disable any overlays,update graphics card,update windows,clean boot and all failed

my PC specs:

core i7 2600k

16 GB ddr3 ram

gtx 1060 oc 6 GB 

Message 3 of 10 (866 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the reply with all the details @Ali_R_Faraji 

I took a look at your DxDiag and noticed this error coming up a few times:

Screenshot_1.png

I guess it's safe to assume that the issue might be somehow related to Origin itself and not the game. Do you play any other games on Origin and encounter a similar problem? 

Unfortunately, it's still doesn't tell us what exactly might cause the game to crash. I know you've already tried quite a few steps yourself and they did not help, but here's a few extra ones that we recommend in general crashing issues as well:

Let me know if anything helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 10 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Ataashi I play Battlefield v and didn't notice any similar problem

by the way I will try your suggestions and I will let you know about its result as I said before I think the problem is from origin

Message 5 of 10 (839 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hello @EA_Ataashi 

so I tried your suggestions and unfortunately it didn't fix again 

by the way thanks for your responsibility

Message 6 of 10 (778 Views)

When can i play SWBF2?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

this launching issue...

I saw the new trailer recently and damn I can't play this awesome game!

I TRIED EVERYTHING so please EA DICE do something!

Message 7 of 10 (685 Views)

Re: When can i play SWBF2?

Community Manager

@Ali_R_Faraji 

Excited to hear you're just as pumped as we are for the new trailer! I moved your other post into an older one you created a while back.

I took a look at your previous DxDiag and the video card was outdated at the time you submitted it. Please make sure that is updated while we try to get you into the game.

GTX 1060 driver for Windows 8

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/151273/en-us

I noticed your BIOS was last updated in 2013. We've seen a lot of PC users fix launching issues for a variety of games once they've updated it. I'm not sure if that's something you are familiar with, but you'll just want to make sure you're going through those steps very carefully when doing it.

Do you happen to have a non-English character in your Windows username for the account you log in with? We've seen some launching issues lately for those that have non-English characters.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 10 (658 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry about the driver update:

since this issue started happening I updated my driver for about 3 or 4 times so I don't think its something related to driver update but I will update again

but I can't update the BIOS myself (its too risky for me!) and something I want to say is that one of my friends tried battlefront 2 on my PC with his account before and there were no problem and no special changes to my settings since then 

my username is "Faraji-PC" so there is no non-English character and I never changed it

but in my opinion this problem caused by origin application startup system due to some updates it had

@EA_Ataashi found an issue related to origin application in my DxDiag file you can take a look at it

I just want to play this game for 1 years and I won't give up!

Message 9 of 10 (645 Views)

Community Manager

@Ali_R_Faraji 

Are you able to launch the game under a different Windows username without a symbol in it? (No dash)

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 10 (637 Views)