Re: SWBF2 CPU Usage Issue

by Major-Band1t

Original Post

SWBF2 CPU Usage Issue

★★ Novice

Hello there!

I have a big CPU usage problem on SWBF2, and I know I'm not the only one in this case.

Even in the game menus, the processor runs between 95% and 100%.

After a while in a game, it goes up to 90 ° C, and causes regular freezes that make the game unplayable.

What surprises me is that the graphics card is not so much requested.

I have an i5-7300HQ, a GTX 1050 and 8GB of RAM.

I admit I do not have ultra-high-end components, but when I see players complaining about the same problem with the latest i7 processors and 1080Ti, and knowing that I run other big games very correctly and without problem of CPU (Rainbow 6 Siege, The Division 2 ...), I tell myself that it can only be a problem of optimization of the game.

I heard about a shader management issue. I tried every fix that I could find, be it MSI Afterburner to limit the FPS to 60, put all the graphics in Low, disable DX12. or disable the Nvidia shadows cache.

I hope someone will help me, thank you !

(and sorry if my english is bad, I'm french)

Message 1 of 4 (378 Views)

Champion

@TheYeetBoii.  Good morning.  Sorry you are having an issue. The game is very intense on hardware but I have not experienced anythign like what you describe.

The tech support here is very good and can help but I am curious. How long has it been happening, ? Have you run the game on another computer?  (I run it on  my laptop and a desktop and while the Graphics card does run the fan to remove heat during game play, it still generates a lot of heat. ) 

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)

★★ Novice

@Major-Band1t  It's happening since I bought the game, in November 2018. I already contacted the EA Assistance but they told me to open a topic on this forum. I never ran the game on another computer, but a friend told me he had the same problem with a more powerful CPU than mine.

Message 3 of 4 (359 Views)

Champion

@TheYeetBoii wrote:

It's happening since I bought the game, in November 2018. I already contacted the EA Assistance but they told me to open a topic on this forum. I never ran the game on another computer, but a friend told me he had the same problem with a more powerful CPU than mine.

The good news is EA does have a great Tech team to go with this awesome game.  They willl have seen this before and will jump in to help.

I will however bump it to get you some support.  Hang in there!. 

@EA_Ataashi 

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 4 of 4 (353 Views)