Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: SWBF2 CPU Usage Issue

by AOD_Major1ne

Original Post

SWBF2 CPU Usage Issue

★★★★ Novice

Hello there!

I have a big CPU usage problem on SWBF2, and I know I'm not the only one in this case.

Even in the game menus, the processor runs between 95% and 100%.

After a while in a game, it goes up to 90 ° C, and causes regular freezes that make the game unplayable.

What surprises me is that the graphics card is not so much requested.

I have an i5-7300HQ, a GTX 1050 and 8GB of RAM.

I admit I do not have ultra-high-end components, but when I see players complaining about the same problem with the latest i7 processors and 1080Ti, and knowing that I run other big games very correctly and without problem of CPU (Rainbow 6 Siege, The Division 2 ...), I tell myself that it can only be a problem of optimization of the game.

I heard about a shader management issue. I tried every fix that I could find, be it MSI Afterburner to limit the FPS to 60, put all the graphics in Low, disable DX12. or disable the Nvidia shadows cache.

I hope someone will help me, thank you !

(and sorry if my english is bad, I'm french)

Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)

Champion

@TheYeetBoii.  Good morning.  Sorry you are having an issue. The game is very intense on hardware but I have not experienced anythign like what you describe.

The tech support here is very good and can help but I am curious. How long has it been happening, ? Have you run the game on another computer?  (I run it on  my laptop and a desktop and while the Graphics card does run the fan to remove heat during game play, it still generates a lot of heat. ) 

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@AOD_Major1ne  It's happening since I bought the game, in November 2018. I already contacted the EA Assistance but they told me to open a topic on this forum. I never ran the game on another computer, but a friend told me he had the same problem with a more powerful CPU than mine.

Message 3 of 4 (116 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@TheYeetBoii wrote:

It's happening since I bought the game, in November 2018. I already contacted the EA Assistance but they told me to open a topic on this forum. I never ran the game on another computer, but a friend told me he had the same problem with a more powerful CPU than mine.

The good news is EA does have a great Tech team to go with this awesome game.  They willl have seen this before and will jump in to help.

I will however bump it to get you some support.  Hang in there!. 

@EA_Ataashi 

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help