SWB2 shuts down while on loading screen

by Vincentevil

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWB2 shuts down while on loading screen

★★★★★ Novice

Every time i start up the game it goes to the loading screen (nothing weird so far) but after loading for half a minute or so the game just shuts down.
I've already updated everything that could have any effect on the game but no success so far.

Does anybody know what causes this and how I can solve it?

Message 1 of 21 (1,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWB2 shuts down while on loading screen

★★★★★ Novice
I wasn't able to find the log file but I just reinstalled it and it works again.
It is a fix for now but I don't want to use that everytime (if the problem shows up again)

View in thread

Message 18 of 21 (1,435 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Vincentevil

Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Also a DxDiag report would be very useful Standard smile

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 21 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried to turn Dx12 on and off, reinstalled the origin application, reinstalled SWB2, Deleted (replaced to desktop) all files from %AppData% and %ProgramData%.

And none of them changed anything. (I think I mentioned everything I tried but I could've missed something)

And I just had a update from windows and tried to launch the game after the update was completed but nothing had changed...

Message 3 of 21 (1,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After trying a lot of different thing that could've been the cause for the game not to start, I decided to (again, but this time every file related to it) delete the game and reinstall it and for some weird reason the game works. I honestly have no idea what could have been the thing for it to not start but I'm happy to be able to play the game again Standard smile

Message 4 of 21 (1,133 Views)

I'm glad to hear that @Vincentevil Large smile

Feel free to let me know if the game starts acting-up again.

Good luck on the Battlefront! Star

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 21 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just downloaded the new update and now I again have the problem.

Only this time it won't even show the loading screen, it just won't launch the game.

I already have tried to repair the game and checked the gpu for the latest updates.

If it it necessary I will reinstall the game. that worked last time (about a week ago) but it would be a very anoying fix.

And just to be sure, here's the dxdiag.

Message 6 of 21 (970 Views)

@Vincentevil

Your DxDiag looks pretty much okay. I mean, you can find a few errors by the end of it, but nothing connected directly with SWB2 Wondering

I've seen some reports from other players, who have a problem with launching the game after installing the latest update, but it's hard to tell now if they are connected with your case.

Can I suggest trying out clean boot first? I know that reinstalling the whole game with updates can be a painful process...

Let me know how it's going.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 21 (961 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Just a quick question about clean boot.

Can disabling everything in services harm my pc in any way or cause problems to other software?

And in the startup I have a few programs that are needed to be running when I start up my pc. Can I leave them on for a clean boot?
Message 8 of 21 (952 Views)

Champion
@Vincentevil
Normally a clean boot is a shutdown, then unplug for a few seconds, hit the DVD button to release all the static. Plug it back in, hit the power and let it boot to full. Also while booting, reset your modem / wifi so that all starts fresh!! Then I like to verify the internet is solid and launch the game. What starts was starting before int he background and should not affect the loading of the game. GLHF
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 9 of 21 (945 Views)

@Vincentevil

The sole purpose of clean boot is to run only absolutely necessary programs on your PC, so we know that any other software doesn't conflict with the game. Maybe this article from Microsoft will explain this better.

If the programs, which you mentioned, are required for your OS to run correctly, don't disable them Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 10 of 21 (944 Views)