SW:TOR Security Key

by mrskatil

Original Post

SW:TOR Security Key

★★★★★ Newbie

I need to reset my Swtor security key i changed my phone and i dont know how can i reset my swtor code CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!<

Message 1 of 8 (774 Views)

Re: SW:TOR Security Key

@mrskatil 

There is this Help Center articles specifically for the security key. (for attaching and removing the key ).

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 8 (770 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried it but its not working. It says All Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ support is now located at EA Help. Please visit help.ea.com for assistance. And there is no Create ticket button.

Message 3 of 8 (761 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem!

Only that I've made it worse by trying to fix it.

And there's no option anywhere on the websites (both SWTOR and EA) that provides a solution.

The guide tells you what to do, but the option to do so does not exist anymore.

So the only way to fix this would be to call the customer support by phone, pay the charge and wait in line for ever, and in the end; not having changed a thing, because it's never your turn.

That's at least how far I've gotten since I started "fixing" this problem a week ago.

Hope you have better luck than me.

- Z

Message 4 of 8 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mrskatil 

Just to confirm that this was done on a web browser opened directly (not opened by the launcher) ? if the login link is done via the launcher it will open a browser and display as shown.

@Zawson  there are account reason why the removal link may not be displayed as shown, the steps are still 100% valid, however in those instances if the account is flagged you will need to call swtor cs to remove the key. 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 8 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For me, I have the exact same issue. Bought a new phone this year, forgot about the security key app, cant recover the key.

The launcher only tells me that my Display Name, Password, and Security Key combination is incorrect and to confirm my login information. There is nothing that attempts to load a wepage from the launcher on login.

On the website, when trying to login, it asks for a security key right away, no key means no login, again it says login failed and gives no option to remove or recover a key or even use a one time password emailed to the registered address.

I refuse to call a UK phone number and pay international call rates from Australia to get help.

The article at the below link is incorrect, there is no option to remove the key or use a one time password (no forgot/lost your key link).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-security-key-faqs

I only have one item left to try, which is to try it in a different web browser to my default and use In Private, or Incognito mode to see if it is a cookie remembering anything that prevents the lost security key link from appearing.

EDIT:

The Incognito/different browser with no cookies saved didnt work, website still asks for a security key and it cant be bypassed and doesnt offer a one time password option. Seems to me that EA broke another game.

Message 6 of 8 (660 Views)

Hero

@GeneralScar82 

To confirm when you went to swtor.com you entered your Display Name and Password but left security key blank, then clicked login?  This should take you to another screen where it will ask for your security key and that is where the link to remove it should be in that screen shot of the article, below the security key field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 7 of 8 (636 Views)

★★ Novice
@Belgorad I had the same problem as @GeneralScar82 and I suspect that my noscript-plugin was stopping the website from working properly. After I disabled it for swtor.com and went to the site again, I managed to remove the security key by following the instructions.
Message 8 of 8 (594 Views)