SW Sq crashes after Splash Screen

by DaPain

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SW Sq crashes after Splash Screen

★★★ Novice

Hi just bought SW Sq,

but cant play it. I got a black Window after splash screen and then fullscreen black an then it crashes to desktop.

Sometimes it stucks in the window after splashscreen with "no Response".

- I reinstalled via steam

- I installed to another drive

- I set resolution to 1920x1080 and lower

- I set win scaling to 100%

- I set the dpi settings for the .exe files

- geforce driver is the newest

- tried to switch from Windowed to full and back

- tried to start .exe with "-window" option

I,m out of options - any ideas?

Is there any log or debugmode?

System requirements are fullfilled.

Thanks Daniel

Message 1 of 20 (12,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SW Sq crashes after Splash Screen

★★★ Novice

Just found the Problem.

Its my Joystick - a Saitek Cyborg EVO Force.

It was attached all the time. Now I startet the game with the stick unplugged and it works.

So the Joystick seems to be the Problem. 

Problem One fixed - here comes the next....

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (12,292 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DaPain 

Make sure your display is connected to your video card and not your motherboard and then follow these steps:

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Squadrons\Squadrons.exe
  6. Select Squadrons.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know if you are good to go.

Additionally, you may want to run System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your Windows System files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

barry.png
Message 2 of 20 (12,306 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just found the Problem.

Its my Joystick - a Saitek Cyborg EVO Force.

It was attached all the time. Now I startet the game with the stick unplugged and it works.

So the Joystick seems to be the Problem. 

Problem One fixed - here comes the next....

Message 3 of 20 (12,293 Views)

★★★ Novice

had to turn off FFB in Windows Game Controller settings. That fixed the crash.

Joystick works but without FFB so far.

Message 4 of 20 (12,289 Views)

Can Launch Game but Not get Past Settings Screen

★★★★ Novice

I am able to launch the game (PC) first time trying to play it, so I am in the settings. I adjust the settings, and accept, and then it crashes. I have been unable to successfully make it into the game from the settings. I have tried changing to borderless mode and windowed mode, but that did not help. I tried both VR and non-VR. It did not matter. I could not get past the settings. I have the game through steam, but that should not be stopping me from playing it. Steam says they can not help because it is an origin game, so I am hoping someone can help me get into the game. I just want to try it. Frown

Message 5 of 20 (11,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem! I've tried every recommended solution, unplugged every USB device except my mouse and keyboard. Checked my firewall and everything.

The splash screen comes up, looks like it loads successfully and then... nothing.

I bought this game and now finally have a day off to play it and this. It's extremely frustrating.

Message 6 of 20 (10,554 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey Dapain,

I also have a Saitek Cyborg Evo force but game just run once and since that it hangs after splash screen ...seem it has something to do with the saitek DLL file that is not supported by Easy Cheat.

can you explain in more detail what drivers you are using from Saitek and where you disabled the FFB to get it to work ...;

thx in advance

Message 7 of 20 (9,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same problem and the same joystick

Cyborg evo force

When the joystick is plugged in, the game Star Wars: Squadrons crashes on startup (the anti cheat loading bar completes, the screen closes, and nothing happens--- never runs).

If I disconnect the joystick from its USB, the game runs!!

@DaPain how did you solve the problem? You mention "I had to turn off FFB in Windows Game Controller settings" but I do not know how to do that.Could you please explain? I would not mind playing without force feedback as long as I can get to play using the joystick!

• I am in Windows 10 and playing the game via Steam.
  • I am using the drivers from "https://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php" under "Sticks" > "Cyborg evo force" > 64 Bit Driver. My driver version is 6.0.4.1
  • I also tried with and without installing the SST programming software, version 9.9.9.9, available in the same website.

I go to "Setup USB game controllers" > "Saitek Cyborg Evo Force" > "Properties" where I can test the axes and buttons of the joystick (working fine). If I try to test force feedback by clicking a button, it crashes. I can untick "test force feedback" so that I can test the buttons without crashing, but this does not turn off FFB. 

Any help would be really, really appreciated! Thanks.

Message 8 of 20 (6,780 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Ice2014 did you manage to get it to work? Do you have the same problem?

Message 9 of 20 (6,777 Views)

★★★ Novice
@pakrodfor In the properties deselect force feedback option.
Message 10 of 20 (6,767 Views)