Re: SW Sq crashes after Splash Screen

by DaPain

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick answer @DaPain !

This is what I see in Win 10 properties for the joystick.

Where do you deselect the force feedback option?

The "test force feedback effects" tickbox is only a temporary selection for the Properties dialog, it does not stay unchecked. 

properties.png

Message 11 of 20 (944 Views)

★★★ Novice
@pakrodfor nat at my PC actually. look in the "FORCE" tab. Think its there.
Message 12 of 20 (927 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DaPain thanks for reply.

See my screenshot with all the tabs. I can't find any option to turn off force feedback. I can put all the force sliders down to 0%, as shown, but it doesn't fix the problem.

We probably have different versions of the drivers? are you running Windows 10?

As you got it working, I'd REALLY appreciate (and others in the forum @Ice2014 with the same problem) if you can find some time to check on your computer and tell us how you did it.

I downloaded the latest driver version from the Saitek website. Maybe you have an older version that works better! Please tell us the "Driver version" shown in the about tab! That'd be helpful.

Thanks!

tabsall.png

Message 13 of 20 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@pakrodforI have exactly the same settings as shown on your screens. Also the driver is 6.0.4.1.

Try to save the settings and reboot. I was trying for a hole day till i realized it just crashs if the Joy is connectet. Maybe I've done something else i dont remember.

But I'm sure it was deactivating all FF Features in the Game Controller Settings.

Message 14 of 20 (908 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @pakrodfor and Dapain ,

I abandoned the game because of this.

I don't know how but sometimes it runs but mostly 98% it crashed on startup.

It gives mes always that easy cheat DLL error, I even send twice a mail to tech support of easy cheat but never got an answer.

Also Win 10 64 bit here.

Saitek driver 6.0.4.1

Software version 9.9.9.9

I also don't see an option to disable de FFB, not in the saitek soft or on de devicesconfig from windows.

greetz

Message 15 of 20 (892 Views)

★★★ Novice

pakrodfor and DaPain

see also this link

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/easy-Anti-Cheat-blocking-Saitek-driver-dll-Game-not-start...

"easy Anti-Chat - no trustworthy system file - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SaiQFFB5.dll"

So the anti cheat system thinks that this is a cheat-related dll and simply blocks it!

greetz

Message 16 of 20 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @Ice2014 

Good news, I managed to play (single-player) SW: Squadrons with the Saitek Cyborg EVO Force - by bypassing the easyAntiCheat launcher. You were right that was the problem.

The way I did it was really simple (found it online).

• Open the folder for Star wars: Squadrons. This can be found by right clicking on the game on Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Browse. The folder should look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Squadrons".
  • Rename the file "starwarssquadrons_launcher.exe" to something else (for example, "starwarssquadrons_launcher_old.exe")
  • Rename the file "starwarssquadrons.exe" to "starwarssquadrons_launcher.exe"
  • This will avoid the easyAntiCheat launcher from running, and Steam will directly run star wars squadrons executable without the easyAntiCheat splash screen - this way it worked and detected the Joystick!

By the way I did not have to deactivate any force feedback in the settings of the joystick (in fact I am playing with the spring return to center force).

The game is COMPLETELY different playing it with a joystick. Such a pleasure to play....

• As a tip for playing the game with Saitek Cyborg EVO Force: everything worked right off the bat with the default controls except the throttle rudder, which I had to remap in Options > Controls > Remap Controls > Flight > Flightstick (find the throttle up/throttle down binding and move the throttle rudder, which will be successfully detected), also set throttle to "Static" mode.
  • As another tip, here is the numbering that Squadrons uses for the Saitek Cyborg EVO Force buttons: F1 = 7, F2 = 8, F3 = 9, F4 = 10, left shift ^ = 11, right shift ^ = 12. The buttons 1 to 6 are obvious as they are labelled in the Joystick itself.

Now, I guess that using this method, the multiplayer won't work (because it is not running easyAntiCheat). I have not tried it. For now I wasn't planning on playing multiplayer. But definitely this is something that we must report to easyAntiCheat, because it is clear that the problem is caused by them and only when the Joystick is connected, to see if they can fix it.

Message 17 of 20 (861 Views)

★★★ Novice

well I already reported the problem to Easy anti cheat 2 times in march 2021 but still no answer from them ....so I think they just don't botter.

May be you can do it also, the more complain the more chance they wake up .....

Message 18 of 20 (852 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also reported it. Hopefully they can look into it.

One question to @DaPain, are you able to play with the Cyborg Evo Force in multiplayer?

Message 19 of 20 (829 Views)

★★★ Novice
@pakrodfor I think I did. Quiet some time since I played. 2 kids don't leave a lot of time Wink .
Message 20 of 20 (820 Views)