Re: SW:BF2 causing XBoxOneX to "overheat" crash

by cableguy33333

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SW:BF2 causing XBoxOneX to "overheat" crash

★★★★ Novice

im not finding a solution anywhere, i see more people crashing to the dashboard but while playing SWBF2 multiplayer, almost always HvV, the game ramps up my fans and shut my console down, giving the overheat error on start up... and i assure you my xbox is NOT overheating.  this is the only game in which this happens, and it for some reason is happening more frequently.

i play off the disk if it matters, and yes yes yes im all patched and what-not. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled/re-patched the game and it almost seems worse now.

it occurs now without warning, no big FPS drop or graphical load... just running around and fans ramp up+console shuts off out of the blue.

again this has happend in other game modes on occasion but HvV is just about every other match at this point.

Message 1 of 20 (7,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Update:

Yesterday, I got my game to run and have done several situational tests. I played other games for 3 hours before loading SWBF2, played all solo modes over a period of two hours.  Played SWBF2 a half dozen other play sessions over the past two days, with no over revving of the fan and no shut down due to over heating.

The steps I followed are from the forums here as well as another game where people experienced random shutdowns and got the overheat message. In my experience, do the following in order:

Game needs to be stored to internal storage, if it’s on an external drive, move it

Turn off the Xbox by pressing the Xbox button on front of console until it powers down.

Unplug the consoles power cord, wait 20 seconds, then plug in console. Press the Xbox button on console to turn on console.

Clear MAC address by going to settings>all settings>network>network settings>advanced settings>alternate MAC address>clear, then restart Xbox 

Upon doing the above, I’ve been playing without any problem. I purchased the Celebration Upgrade tonight and no problem with the game.  If you still have a problem, replace the power cord for your Xbox as that will also cause shutdown with the overheat error

View in thread

Message 5 of 20 (7,402 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I have digital download version of the game and get the same thing, in all modes, even just opening a crate. Fan revs up, Xbox shuts down due to overheating when it’s the very first game I play. I’ve tried everything I’ve been able to find on the forums and nothing works. I played SWBF2 for months after release til an update killed the game. Please fix this issue so Those affected can play again

Message 2 of 20 (7,524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

BUMPING until someone or some rep has a solution or anything to say at all....  and so help me this cannot be good for my xbox console to keep crashing like this.  hello EA?

Message 3 of 20 (7,500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had this happen to me yesterday. Digital version as well. 

Message 4 of 20 (7,473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update:

Yesterday, I got my game to run and have done several situational tests. I played other games for 3 hours before loading SWBF2, played all solo modes over a period of two hours.  Played SWBF2 a half dozen other play sessions over the past two days, with no over revving of the fan and no shut down due to over heating.

The steps I followed are from the forums here as well as another game where people experienced random shutdowns and got the overheat message. In my experience, do the following in order:

Game needs to be stored to internal storage, if it’s on an external drive, move it

Turn off the Xbox by pressing the Xbox button on front of console until it powers down.

Unplug the consoles power cord, wait 20 seconds, then plug in console. Press the Xbox button on console to turn on console.

Clear MAC address by going to settings>all settings>network>network settings>advanced settings>alternate MAC address>clear, then restart Xbox 

Upon doing the above, I’ve been playing without any problem. I purchased the Celebration Upgrade tonight and no problem with the game.  If you still have a problem, replace the power cord for your Xbox as that will also cause shutdown with the overheat error

Message 5 of 20 (7,403 Views)

battlefront 2 overheat

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the December update, when I play Battlefront 2 on xbox one x, after about one game, the system overheats and shuts off. This is the only game that causes it. I can still play on an old xbox one without the same issue. I have seen on twitter that others have the same issue.

Message 6 of 20 (7,329 Views)

★★ Apprentice

this doesn't really work, had this problem with bf2 when it first came out, after 2 weeks it started doing the crashing, i followed these steps to cure lag and crashes which it did for a few games, anyway about a month after bf2 came out it blew my new xbox 1x up, had to go back for repair, anyway not touched bf2 untill this week and guess what the same issue is happening again, my worry is 2 weeks time my xbox might die again

Message 7 of 20 (7,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My scorpio X crashes every other time I play due to overheating. Usually HVV. Only game that does it. Not a ventilation or dirt issue. Will do it not even playing for 5 mins.

Message 8 of 20 (7,031 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Witcche yea i again have distanced myself form the game, i still play here and there and for the first time actually started playing coop for easier grinding for the new blasters... and itve crashed twice on coop, so its HvV and Coop, only sw:bf2... and the xbox overall isnt hot... it seems like something causes a random spike in heat/fan ramping up and causes this. i played from day 1 (more like day 5) and it never happend til i came back at about the 2 year mark.
Message 9 of 20 (7,013 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I get this a lot and it always seems to be when your kicking the other teams butts

Message 10 of 20 (6,882 Views)