SSN game size

by nildrtem

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SSN game size

★★★★ Novice

hello ,

what is the current size of the game ?. currently my SSN launcher is downloading 'main asset 282'. will there be more large downloads ?. and how much hard drive space do i need to download and play the complete game ?

thanks 

Message 1 of 8 (912 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SSN game size

@nildrtem

Yes with the non streaming launcher you can definately download to a different hdd or system and copy to another drive then just create a new desktop shortcut to start the launcher.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (957 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@nildrtem

As I just updated to patch 5.8 my computer says the folder size of the game is 38.2 GB.

Please note that while patching temporary files may be used which may temporary increase the size but the above is what I currently have an I use the Non-SSN version of the launcher as I disabled bitraider when I first installed.  Yours may be slightly different but it shouldn't be a huge amount.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 8 (906 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hello

non - SSN means bitraider disabled right ? also what are these temporary files ? do they increase game size a large amount or is it nothing to worry about ?

thanks 

Message 3 of 8 (895 Views)

Hero

@nildrtem

Non-SSN means bitraider is disabled.  Usually when programs are installed or update they install temporary files that are used for the update / installation and are then deleted once the update / install is completed.  As far as what they specifically are, how much space they take up who knows.  I honestly don't worry about it but then again I have over 200 GB of space available so I never think about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 4 of 8 (891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Belgorad

well after main asset 282 which is 22 gb. are there any more large files to be downloaded or is that the last one ? i should mention i have the non-streaming launcher. i confused SSN and non-SSN up :P. also im in the stage of installing main asset 282. but it's very slow. anyway to speed it up ?

thanks 

Message 5 of 8 (870 Views)

Hero

@nildrtem

I don't know how many more assets as I don't pay attention to which one it's on when I update and I don't believe there is a master list of them.  All I can advise if its running slow is to do a few things:

1. Add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your anti-virus and firewall safe / allowed list to ensure they aren't blocking or slowing things down.
  2. End any programs running in the background that you can or that may also use up network connections.
  3. If you are on a wireless connection switch to a wired connection for faster speeds
  4. If you have anyone else in the home who is using the internet maybe update during off times or when no one else is on.
  5. Contact your ISP to verify your modem / router is optimized if you got one through them.

– Yoda

Message 6 of 8 (857 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Belgorad

alright , i have one final question. it appears i have run into a space problem. would it be possible for me to copy the files i have downloaded in hard drive x and move it to y and then finish the download/install in hard drive y ?

thanks

Message 7 of 8 (853 Views)

@nildrtem

Yes with the non streaming launcher you can definately download to a different hdd or system and copy to another drive then just create a new desktop shortcut to start the launcher.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 8 of 8 (958 Views)