Re: SSAO effect is terrible on PS4. Possible to get an option to turn it off.

by Khronikos

Original Post

SSAO effect is terrible on PS4. Possible to get an option to turn it off.

★★★ Apprentice

I'm running a PS4 Pro and the effect of SSAO, whatever the implementation, in Battlefront 2 is very low resolution and honest distracting wherever I see it. The effect is absolutely terrible compared to a decent HBAO+ implementation.

There is flickering constantly on almost every major surface due to this horrible rendition of ambient occlusion.

Please allow us to toggle your effect OFF or ON.

Thank you.

Or just improve the effect so it is not horribly distracting.

Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: SSAO effect is terrible on PS4. Possible to get an option to turn it off.

★★★ Apprentice

And I don't mean to be rude, but this effect looks like something that would be in a game from 10 years ago in campaign. It's honestly worse because of the severe low resolution of the ambient occlusion effect. It's like a very low quality implementation on PC. I would almost always switch this effect off if given the choice because it ruins the artstyle unless it is subtle.

On every surface the effect heavily distorts every feature of the graphics. I am not sure what the conclusion of the graphic designer or engine coder was here. If you can improve the resolution and subtle aspects to be like HBAO+ sure the effect is awesome, but it's not awesome here. It just a huge flickering blob of shading that appears over nearly every major crevice in the game.

You guys have been decent with giving us options for graphics effects on the PS4. SO I really hope anyone is listening to my plea.

Message 2 of 2 (303 Views)