SPDIF (optical output) not working in Battlefield 1

by eth3rton

Original Post

SPDIF (optical output) not working in Battlefield 1

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

(sorry for the cross post)

System: MSI Z170A GAMING M9 | 6700k w/ EK-Supremacy MX | EVGA Titan X 12G-P4-2992-KR w/ EK-FC Waterblock | G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (8x2) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) | 1TB Samsung Pro SSD | 2x WD Black 5TB HDD | Corsair 1200i PSU | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV - Tempered Glass | Acer Predator XB321HK | FiiO Taishan 

I have a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors connected through a FiiO Taishan (for the optical to headphone conversion). Reason being, I get a lot of static and a huge pop when the computer powers up and down (ground loop more than likely). PSU is new and tried another motherboard & Creative sound card. That said, whenever I launch BF1 I get no audio. I have disabled every thing in the sound menu other than the FiiO connection. Audio has worked fine with every other game for the past year and a half or so. BF1 won't recognize it. Other Origin games work fine. In the Origin settings under voice I have it selected as the default. If I connect the monitors directly to the headphone jack on the motherboard I get sound (with static).

DxDiag file attached.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Message 1 of 1 (818 Views)