SPDIF (optical output) not working in Battlefield 1

by eth3rton

Original Post

Highlighted

SPDIF (optical output) not working in Battlefield 1

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

(sorry for the cross post)

System: MSI Z170A GAMING M9 | 6700k w/ EK-Supremacy MX | EVGA Titan X 12G-P4-2992-KR w/ EK-FC Waterblock | G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (8x2) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) | 1TB Samsung Pro SSD | 2x WD Black 5TB HDD | Corsair 1200i PSU | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV - Tempered Glass | Acer Predator XB321HK | FiiO Taishan 

I have a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors connected through a FiiO Taishan (for the optical to headphone conversion). Reason being, I get a lot of static and a huge pop when the computer powers up and down (ground loop more than likely). PSU is new and tried another motherboard & Creative sound card. That said, whenever I launch BF1 I get no audio. I have disabled every thing in the sound menu other than the FiiO connection. Audio has worked fine with every other game for the past year and a half or so. BF1 won't recognize it. Other Origin games work fine. In the Origin settings under voice I have it selected as the default. If I connect the monitors directly to the headphone jack on the motherboard I get sound (with static).

DxDiag file attached.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Message 1 of 1 (341 Views)

bf1-eye

Forgot your password or ID?

If you can’t remember your EA Account ID, password, or security code, use this information to reset things and get back into your account.

View more on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help