SOUND GONE / DISTORTED APEX LEGENDS

by ReveReyalpTsrow

Original Post

Re: SOUND GONE / DISTORTED APEX LEGENDS

★★★ Newbie

no point trying anything because the sound bug is not from ur audio, its apex bug,so if apex dont come up with the update with fixes it wont fix

Message 21 of 51 (7,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't hear enemy footsteps/sounds through my headphones.

People on my stream can hear them through the audio from my Elgato HD60 S, but I cannot unless I use my Astro A50 headset that gives me a headache in less then an hour.

But my comfy Senheisser GSP 500 and HD600 with GSX 1200 Pro Amp do not work.

At first I thought it was me when all my friends were like, I hear footsteps, I thought I was going deaf and everytime I get this peacekeeper shoved up my beehives people on the stream go like omg noob didnt hear the guy inc!

Basically ive been playing this BR on Hard for 2 months now, its really come to a point that ive had enough, ive followed all the "fixes" and none work.

Message 22 of 51 (7,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

same on ps4 but not on my pc...

Message 23 of 51 (7,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yea ive seen multiple people talk about this problem and a lot of reasons/ fixes have been given for it.

for me it has something to do with my headphones (artics 5) and apex legends not getting along. ive found two fixes for this, one is to simple unplug my mic wich sucks in a team based game even one where the ping system is so good you don't have to talk lol.

and two is to go into my settings and change my headphones from artics 5 (chat) over to artics 5 (game). I have zero idea as to what the difference is or why apex is the only game to give me this problem but hopefully it can help people to read this.

Message 24 of 51 (7,251 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@IronWolf9k_YT 

Considering the headsets you don't mind fads and gimmicks but

Surround sound on PC games is optimised for Stereo the engines use Binaural rendering and then you stick another artificial means of delay over the top of it again Simulation in the Simulation of a Simulatio.

Use the Headset in stereo without any extra artificial means or math applied 

Message 25 of 51 (7,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Answers for PC not working on ps4... i tried

Message 26 of 51 (7,211 Views)

Community Manager

@Qni_fr Do you have the game installed on an SSD? If so, can you reinstall it to your internal HDD and see if that helps?

Thanks

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 27 of 51 (7,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_David no on internal hdd... This happen only since the patch with season pass comes.. no pb before

No pb on pc, but on ps4 seems the same problem for everyone in skull for example

Message 28 of 51 (7,134 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Gotta love EA. Rushs to drop decent games and never truely works out the game. They rushed a decent battle pass and still havent fixed most of the games kinks. This sound glitch is really turning me away from such a fun game!
Message 29 of 51 (7,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If you listen to the game and chat on a headset while playing an Xbox One:

Press your XBOX button on your controller, press RB 3x’s to find Settings, go to Display & Sound, choose Audio output. If you use a headset you should be under the Headset audio column with a choice for Headset format, select anything but Stereo uncompressed (likely Windows Sonic for Headphones) and you should have resolved the issue. Other audio options can be adjusted in the Display & Sound menu, however, have likely been set to default unless you’ve chosen at another time.

Hope this helps.
Message 30 of 51 (6,790 Views)