SOUND GONE / DISTORTED APEX LEGENDS

by ReveReyalpTsrow

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SOUND GONE / DISTORTED APEX LEGENDS

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I am experiencing some really annoying sound issues with Apex Legends.

Problem: Sound is normal all the time except for gunfights, then it is really messed up. Sound disappears or gets heavily distorted.

Comments: Game can lag a little bit at times, like spikelags. FPS is not high even if I feel I should be able to have a high fps. Ranges from 50-100 FPS usually.

I attached DXDIAG for info about my system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNnXEZ_tMg&feature=youtu.be is a 1 min clip of a gunfight. The video was recorded with NVIDIA Shadowplay and replicates the sound I heard "live" exactly.

The issue has been there all the time, since I first installed Apex Legends.

I use Origin cleint.

I have tried all possible fixes I can think about:

Checked drivers/updated drivers.

Changing sound setting from/to 7.1 in logitech sw.

All settings on low ingame.

Setting Nvidia performance on max performance.

Repaired game...

Your everyday googling of solutions gave no answers really.

BRg,

S

Message 1 of 51 (148,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SOUND GONE / DISTORTED APEX LEGENDS

★★★★ Novice

Hi all!

My friend who is good with sound systems came over and fixed the problem for me yesterday!

What fixed my problem (see attached scrnshot):

Go into Sound -> Speakers -> Settings -> Reset default values (or smth like that, mine is written in swedish).
Apparently I had set my frequency settings too high which my headphones cant handle - resulting in this specific problem for this specific game.

Hope this helps some of you!

View in thread

Message 13 of 51 (173,242 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Got the same issue here on Xbox One. Also tried several things like switching the audio output etc. Nothing worked.
A little bit of googling showed me that the problem appears on all plattforms like PS4, PC and Xbox.
Really annoying
Message 2 of 51 (148,062 Views)

★★ Novice

Got the same issue, but on ps4. Tried reinstalling the game, even whole ps4 software and with no effect.

Tried changing audio out to dolby (fix from ps4 site), but it does not work for me.

Note, that this problem relates only to this game. Sound works fine in other games.

Message 3 of 51 (147,662 Views)

★★ Novice

Same Issue on Xbox One. please Help!!!

Message 4 of 51 (147,536 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I got the exact same issue, and have not the slightest clue where it comes from.

Message 5 of 51 (147,526 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was having this same issue. After I booted a couple other games on my Xbox, I went back to Apex and the sound worked again. Rebooting xbox did not do anything. 

Message 6 of 51 (147,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, I'm really glad I'm not the only one. It's literally gamebreaking. Hopefully Respawn comes up with a fix very soon.

Message 7 of 51 (147,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay. I've fixed my problems but I hate what seemed out to be the reason behind it.

I recently bought an SSD - Kingston a400 480gb to be exact - and mounted it to my Gen 1 PS4, hoping for faster loading times in Anthem and other games. Turns out the drive was bottlenecking my overall performance not only in Apex, but also in Anthem doing exactly the same things - glitching audio and giving me 5-10sec overall lag.

After going back to my stock 500gb HDD, not only is the overall gameplay MUCH smoother, but also I do not experience any sound glitches nor lags.

Now i feel terrible, because it feels like I wasted some bucks on a drive that handicapped my console. Do You guys also have SDD on Your machines?

Edit: I've read some more on SSD and the issues sometimes occur on them: it's called write amplification. This process makes the drive work at 10% it's normal speed. (More about that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Pro/comments/88ytq2/plan_to_boost_your_ps4_with_an_ssd_here_is_how/ )
What I've tried was going into PS4 settings -> Sharing & transmission -> Video clip length -> SET LOWEST VALUE (30s)

After doing that I am unloading loads of cache memory writing on the drive, which caused in fixing all the issues I had. Now it works as smooth as on stock HDD, but with maintained SSD read speed.

Message 8 of 51 (147,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey man have you fixed this problem yet ? Cause it’s driving me nuts
Message 9 of 51 (147,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For Xbox 1
Message 10 of 51 (147,103 Views)