Re: SOUND BUG MAKES TITANFALL 2 ALMOST UNPLAYABLE

by ClintFastfood

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@strachahroza wrote:

Check your cpu speed. It may be downthrottled by motherboard. Had the same issue with audio. Also Battlefield 1 had 15 fps on gtx970 and i5 6600 with msi motherboard. I was searching whats up for 2 months and no fixes worked until I realised that instead of 3,3GHz I was running just 0,79GHz cpu speed. Than I googled solution for that.. Wink

This worked for me. Been through multiple forums trying everything I could find and this was the issue.

Message 31 of 38 (3,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This answer doesn't really tell me what you did to fix the issue. 

This game is literally the only game I have issues playing with and my cpu is running stock speeds with a Corsair H100I AIO.. So the answers of "I cleaned out my fan or my CPU speed was running slow" fixing multiple complaints don't really line up  I can literally run EVE online on 3 screens at over 100+FPS per display with no latency issues. Various other FPS games run perfectly fine over 60FPS with no audio chop. 

This to me sounds like a coding issue with certain chipsets that the game isn't optimized for or there is a memory leak (I have seen reports of people seeing the client exceed 3 to 4 gb+) and EA/Respawn need to look at this further. 

cpuz.PNG

Message 32 of 38 (3,481 Views)

★★ Novice
I downloaded the razer surround and fixed my problem
Message 33 of 38 (3,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue and i suspect that its caused by the CPU load being to high 

How i fixed it was by going into task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) and ending discord or any other thing that used a lot of my CPU

Message 34 of 38 (3,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was playing the game just fine. Then stuttering and distorted sounds came on. this was about 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago my video card broke down ard I bought a gtx1070 hoping I would play the game flawlessly. but no, that was not the issue. I read and read and no adjustments helped. FIY I run an i5 16 gb ram with a gtx1070. 3 days ago MINT.exe popped up. I searched and found that was a virus using my GPU for mining. When I cleaned it out of the system. Everything was back to normal. This sh** , pardon my language, just sucked up my resourses to mine bitcoins. So this may be everyones problem. check the directory C:\Windows\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Settings

under appcontainer you may have another folder. people have different answers for that.
Anyway check for a bitcoin miner in your system

Message 35 of 38 (2,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The reason mine doesnt work is because of surround

Message 36 of 38 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you have your headphones set to surround sound in windows just turn off surround sound. It fixed the problem for me

Message 37 of 38 (1,114 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall 2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 38 of 38 (1,045 Views)