SOME NVIDIA CARDS OVERCLOCK THEMSELVES CAUSING INSTABILITY!

by M4D-L4D-M4X

Original Post

SOME NVIDIA CARDS OVERCLOCK THEMSELVES CAUSING INSTABILITY!

★★★ Novice

Hello, Apex community,

if you experience visual troubles and instability while playing Apex with Nvidia cards it is not your fault.

Some users already reported on the issue but I feel like Respawn is not aware of the problem right now.

Apex Legends somehow forces your Nvidia card to overclock way beyond the factory overclock! So far I have seen reports of this with 2080ti and also 1060. My 980ti is not having the issue.

In both cases, the core clock went over 2000 MHZ! Depending on your card and chip it can create all kinds of problems for your card and therefore different crashes in Apex.

Your card might run "out of juice" as a higher core clock needs more power, the chip might get too hot, which causes the card to shut down, and so forth.

Before you try to solve your issues on the software side I strongly recommend a program like MSI Afterburner to monitor your card. If you experience the same issue please report it here so it draws attention to the devs.

I think that a lot of the problems at the moment can be solved with new Nvidia drivers.

so long,

Ocelot.

Message 1 of 1 (197 Views)