Re: Respectfully Demand an Explanation for Erratic Character Movement.

by SASLoner

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SOLVED! Respectfully Demand an Explanation for Erratic Character Movement.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Zipped lips  I sincerely Apologise.

EDIT::: Can't believe it! It IS my new controller!!!! All over the web people saying they've tried other controllers and it's the same, leading us to believe it's a software bug. However, I've borrowed an original PS4 controller and the Left Turn Aim Drift has GONE COMPLETELY (i'm using a new edition)

Hello @EA_Atic.  I sincerely hope you can shed some light on this very apparent problem that has plagued game play since launch.  I myself have only suffered it since the October Updates.  I'm hoping by the end of this we can either deny or confirm an issue with random controllers with certain games, or a programming glitch within the game, or whatever.

Myself and what appears to be a reasonable percentage of the Customer Community would appreciate an explanation with regard to the erratic 'Flicking to the Left' phenomenon of Any character on All platforms. This is not a network issue as it happens in Campaign or any other Offline Mode.  This is only evident in Star Wars Battlefront II.  Sporadic Instances in forum's across the Web appear since game launch with little to no success or Info as to the cause.  However, last night I made a few adjustments to Soldier Controls in the Menu and observed an obvious lessening of the symptoms.  I also changed from Default Soldier Control to Legacy Southpaw to witness the same problem, however, when changing to any other controller config the symptom disappeared.  It seems to indicate the the right stick and Panning is the issue.  I should also add that the flicking Left is exaggerated when turning Left AFTER turning Right.

Adjusting Soldier Sensitivity to Zero greatly reduces the effect, but does not Eliminate it (this alone leads me to believe why not all patrons of the game will be noticing it as their Sensitivity is set low), along side Dead Zone adjustment at around 25%.  This is far from Ideal as most of us will have our Sensitivity at 50% or above with myself playing at 80%.  Above 50% and the game is almost unplayable, especially at a Competitive Level.

I have included a small clip of the problem, but I've little confidence that it will actually appear as I've been trying to upload it for the last 24 hrs.  My Thumbnail image is broken but I cannot find any info on file size or format.  I have used a PS4 Vid capture.  It is less than 15mb .mp4

I respectfully await your response along with a detailed explanation to the cause and possible action proposed to eliminate the problem.  

Kind Regards

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Message 1 of 8 (1,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I know it sucks but try re-installing the game.. if that doesn't help then it's probably your controller... I myself am a PC player, but my nephew and I know of 8 people personally who play console and never have this issue... I'm pretty sure it's going to be a controller issue... try plugging in a mouse and use it if the game supports it

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,640 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I know it sucks but try re-installing the game.. if that doesn't help then it's probably your controller... I myself am a PC player, but my nephew and I know of 8 people personally who play console and never have this issue... I'm pretty sure it's going to be a controller issue... try plugging in a mouse and use it if the game supports it

Message 2 of 8 (1,641 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also I've read that the option in the game "Aim assist" causes that problem.. if that doesn't fix then it's probably the controller no doubt as I've had this issue in different games playing with a controller

Message 3 of 8 (1,639 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I hear ya pal and thanks for offering info, but this issue was about at launch and only now happening to me since the October update.  It's also all over the internet and Youtube by many other people.  DICE OR EA have actually acknowledged the issue earlier this year on Xbox, but still no resolve.  My controller is quite new and suffered no damage.

AIM Assist is Turned off.  Other respectful Youtubers that have reported this and also bought new controllers have stated it is NOT the controller.   This only happens when using Right Thumb stick to Pan on Default Controller Config and Legacy Southpaw.  It doesn't happen on other controller configurations OR on other games.

It's very obvious when Soldier Sensitivity is High.

Thanks again but this is not a new issue.

Message 4 of 8 (1,612 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can't believe it pal.  It is my controller.  I've edited my post above.

Christ.  All over Youtube etc people saying they've even bought new controllers and it's not fixed it.

Wondering if it's a Gen 1 vs Gen 2 controller problem now.  Thanks

Message 5 of 8 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm glad I could of some help haha 

Message 6 of 8 (1,592 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

haha.  I don't want to give you ALL the glory friend; it's often been suggested that the controller was the issue, but when it's fine with other games etc....Well.  OK, you can have the Glory this time :D

Message 7 of 8 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lol, I don't want all the glory I know it's a common issue, but hey thanks!

Message 8 of 8 (1,567 Views)