SLI support in AFR mode

by 7empePL

Original Post

SLI support in AFR mode

★ Guide

Hello,

I was trying to follow many SLI-enabling guides, however none of these were working with my 2x NVIDIA 2080 Ti setup. Maybe they are simply outdated (refer to old NVIDIA drivers), because I could not get smooth SLI experience. Lobby was stuttering as hell at 25 FPS with tons of artifacts, while in-game graphics/smoothness was quite ok... I have switched to the SFR (Split Frame Rendering) mode and this works good in both Lobby and in-game, however due to the nature of the SFR performance is not as good as is could be in AFR mode, I believe. Did anyone got SLI in AFR mode working with current drivers?

I am using 0x080000F5 compatibility bits. The V-Sync and G-Sync enabled, FPS cap at 196 (200 Hz panel).

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (952 Views)

Re: SLI support in AFR mode

★ Guide

OK, I found the solution for working AFR mode with excellent scaling results (up to 80% more FPS than with single 2080 Ti). Profile for NVIDIA Profile Inspector attached. Please be advised that you may have all in-game graphics options at maximum settings, just reduce "spot shadow detail" option from "very high" to "high". Otherwise you will encounter artifacts while being in the lobby.

* Before importing this profile, please change file's extension from .txt to .nip

Message 2 of 5 (900 Views)

★★★ Novice
@7empePL So close! Thanks for your work trying to figure this out. Definitely get way more frames but still have some flickering and artifacts in game... and maybe even some frame lag, though it claims to be running around 160-180 FPS it doesn't actually feel much faster than 90 to me. That being said, I'm running two 1070s so it may be a different story with a different card. Thanks again anyway! Still gonna keep trying to figure it out periodically.
Message 3 of 5 (812 Views)

★ Guide

@d3ck3r-gg It has been a while since my last comment and some things changed for SLI config. Checkout newest SLI profile* (attached) and use that videoconfig** (also attached). It works best with the SLI (no flickering etc.).

* Before importing SLI profile, please change file's extension from .txt to .nip
** Replace the videoconfig.txt (backup the original one by renaming it) in the following location: %username%/Saved Games/Respawn/Apex/local; Mark this file as read-only to avoid game to overwrite the settings...

Let me know if it helps!

Cheers!

Message 4 of 5 (781 Views)

★★★ Novice

AMAZING!!

Thank you so much dude! Settings are perfect. I have been trying forever to figure it out, I don't know how you do it.

Now to just figure out Modern Warfare...

Message 5 of 5 (761 Views)