Re: SLI Disabled since last update

by RudeDogg32

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SLI Disabled since last update

★ Novice

SLI Disabled since last update

Since the last Origin and nVidia update SLI has been intentionally disabled by EA. This is immensely frustrating as the game run sweetly before they decided to pull the plug, despite not having native support. For myself this kills the game. to go from running 4k @ solid 144fps on max settings I now find that I am lucky to hit 60 fps in certain scenes. You are alienating your player base by disabling SLI as many players utilize this feature to get the required FPS. EA/DICE PLEASE SUPPORT SLI!!!

Message 1 of 7 (1,609 Views)

Accepted Solution

@RudeDogg32 wrote:
Exactly the same for me too!

Was quite happily using nVidia Inspector before to set the BF1 SLI profile which worked great as it is the only way I can run the game at 4K on my GPUs.

Since the update I can only run a single card & Inspector settings are overridden, since in NVCP I can't change the SLI Settings from Single GPU anymore.

Why on Earth Dice / EA, would you drop support of SLI? Even if there wasn't full SLI support before at least there was a workaround using the BF1 SLI profile - but now I forced to run the game at Low to Medium settings to get 60FPS without frame drops?

It's a real shame as I have played every BF since BF Vietnam back in 2004, but now I may have to uninstall it.

Please, please fix this in another patch or provide a workaround again!

@RudeDogg32 This was to address the NVIDIA inspector exploit that allowed people to play with Minecraft type graphics and see enemies without all of the map clutter.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,575 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Was quite happily using nVidia Inspector before to set the BF1 SLI profile which worked great as it is the only way I can run the game at 4K on my GPUs.

Since the update I can only run a single card & Inspector settings are overridden, since in NVCP I can't change the SLI Settings from Single GPU anymore.

Why on Earth Dice / EA, would you drop support of SLI? Even if there wasn't full SLI support before at least there was a workaround using the BF1 SLI profile - but now I forced to run the game at Low to Medium settings to get 60FPS without frame drops?

It's a real shame as I have played every BF since BF Vietnam back in 2004, but now I may have to uninstall it.

Message 2 of 7 (1,585 Views)

@RudeDogg32 wrote:

@RudeDogg32 This was to address the NVIDIA inspector exploit that allowed people to play with Minecraft type graphics and see enemies without all of the map clutter.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 7 (1,576 Views)

★ Novice

@ragnarok013 wrote:

@RudeDogg32 wrote:

@RudeDogg32This was to address the NVIDIA inspector exploit that allowed people to play with Minecraft type graphics and see enemies without all of the map clutter.

I can understand why the Minecraft Exploit might have been annoying for some players, but I suspect they have lost as many SLI players as were effected by the exploit just by categorically preventing the override of options using the Inspector.

Surely the sensible thing to do would be for at least allow the use of the BF1 SLI profile even if all other Inspector options are blocked, as opposed to block everything!

Or even better provide a working BFV profile for SLI that matches or improves upon the BF1 profile, then people wouldnt be forced to use the Inpector in the first place!

I work in software so I know what it is like in that the SLI audience are the minority now & therefore supporting it is not a priority for developers, but SLI support for BF4 & BF1 came in within the first couple of patches even if it wasn't there at release. Why can't this also addressed in a later patch or at least let the community know that one in in the pipeline - really hoping they fix this soon as I was enjoying playing BFV before the latest patch!

Message 4 of 7 (1,563 Views)

@RudeDogg32 On the Official Battlefield forums we have made sure that the community management is aware of the issue in our weekly sentiment updates so it's not being ignored. I don't know if or when the SLI issue will be addressed.

Message 5 of 7 (1,546 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the update - fingers crossed they will address it soon as it is a real shame to not being able to play it in all it's glory right now....

Especially when all they need to do even for a temporary solution, is use the BF1 SLI profile in game - it might have not been perfect with some graphical glitches but at least it produced playable frame rates!

Message 6 of 7 (1,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too am extremely frustrated with the pulling of SLi support.  Was once able to enjoy the game at over 100fps...now having to lower the settings to get a measly 60fps.  Very sloppy Dice/EA....VERY.  

Message 7 of 7 (1,388 Views)