Re: SERVERS ARE HORRIBLE!!

by TortillaBoy314

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SERVERS ARE HORRIBLE!!

★★ Novice

Please fix your servers!! Lag is terrible!! Ping and packet loss is terrible for most servers near me. Great game, but what's the point of playing at an unfair, laggy, disadvantage?

Message 1 of 9 (804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are having issues with your connection then I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (667 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

its true theres a lot of time you hit people and the shot don't register. in one occasion my teammate kill a whole squad then all of the sudden without damage he just dies. sometimes right on front of people that are not moving you shot them and no damage is register. I don't know a lot but im sure theres somethings are not acceptable. I really like the game never been this hook up with a game this much since I don't know a long time

Message 2 of 9 (759 Views)

★ Apprentice

Their servers are so horrible and they refuse to acknowledge it. I have trouble just getting past the main menu. Once I do, I'm hit with a connection error and the Anthem servers aren't available. They need to focus on this before attempting to add more content. What good is more content if you can't even play the damn game you paid for only to find out that you're beta testing a game that's been in development for 5-6 years. Just give us a refund so that we can spend it on a game that's complete.

Message 3 of 9 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Are you sure these are not problems on your end?

I've played 300 hours, and the only server trouble I've seen is very-rare start-of-game lag. (less than 1% of games) I'm on the US west coast. 

If there are multiple users playing behind the same router / NAT, there are huge problems, because it uses fixed UDP ports for game transit. Enabling UPnP on your router might help with this, or might not. I'm not sure. 

Try using PingPlotter to see if there is something going on with your provider.

If you are playing on Wifi, plug a direct cable into your router, and try testing again. See if it's a problem with your wifi. If it is, try switching the channel of your wifi. There are Android apps to let you "survey" nearby wifi routers to find an open channel.

Message 4 of 9 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It a joke at best 

Message 5 of 9 (698 Views)

★ Apprentice
Very certain it's not on my end. I was able to play with minor issues until recent patch. All other games are flawless and connection is consistent, except for this game.
Message 6 of 9 (674 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've also tried a wireless connection. There is no difference from what I've noticed. I always prefer a direct connection through Ethernet cable for gaming on consoles.
Message 7 of 9 (673 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are having issues with your connection then I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (668 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I did that and found these two hosts with 100% packet loss:

ae17.cs2.lga5.us.zip.zayo.com 64.125.27.46
ae4.cs2.dca2.us.eth.zayo.com 64.125.29.31

From the data center i can see that Sidney and Sao Paulo servers are having packet loss issues (between 10 and 90%)..

Message 9 of 9 (643 Views)