Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SAM keeps telling me i have new e-mails

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug On the Tempest SAM keeps telling me i have new e-mails at my terminal... but when i check there are no e-mails. If i don' check he wont tell me egain until i checked... regardless if there are e-mails or not. DxDiag: https://hastebin.com/larazisipu.tex
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Tempest and head from the bridge to the rear part of the ship, SAM tells me on the end of the bridge that i have new emails
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GeForce GTX 970
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

On the Tempest SAM keeps telling me i have new e-mails at my terminal... but when i check there are no e-mails.
If i don' check he wont tell me egain until i checked... regardless if there are e-mails or not.

Message 1 of 102 (7,455 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SAM keeps telling me i have new e-mails

EA Community Manager

Resolving the thread since this seems to be fixed past 1.06 - feel free to post below if you still are experiencing this issue.

View in thread

Message 93 of 102 (1,112 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
I am seeing this on Xbox One since the latest patch also. At the same time, I noticed that he no longer tells me, "Strike team ready for deployment." Maybe some code got crossed in the update?
Message 2 of 102 (7,420 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem too on PS4. No new emails on bridge terminal but there were 2 on terminal in Ryder's quarters. 

Message 3 of 102 (7,391 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Problem on PC too.

Also, since we're on the topic of SAM..... he gets so damn annoying unnecessarily reminding me of things I don't need reminding of (good location to mine, environment changes, going in and out of shadows on Elaaden). He's too verbose. He does not need to keep calling me "pathfinder" when he's a freaking voice in my head. I know who you're talking to SAM! A real AI would know not to annoy me and be succinct.

Message 4 of 102 (7,378 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I am also experiencing this problem on Xbox 1 since the last update.
Message 5 of 102 (7,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As far as I can tell, when SAM would normally say "Strike team ready for deployment", he now says "you have new email at your terminal".

I made sure to check both my email terminals for mail, then ran back to the area on the Tempest where you can deploy the strike teams and he claimed I had email. I ran to the bridge and double checked that terminal (nothing), came back and he said ti again. I then checked my strike teams; I had an unassigned one hanging around. I assigned it, ran to the bridge and came back and there was no comment from SAM. It would seem that the annoying "strike team ready" thing has somehow been replaced with an erroneous email announcement.

Message 6 of 102 (7,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem except if I go to change my loadout, etc. he will again start telling me that I have new email when I run back towards the terminals. This is on PC.

Message 7 of 102 (7,300 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm on pc and have the same bug.

Message 8 of 102 (7,257 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It seems to be that the promt for strike teams have been replaced with the email prompt, it happens at all the same time and places that the old strike team prompt would.

Message 9 of 102 (7,253 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PC User here, got something to add to that. Same problem but all the emails past the point of when I got the medical supplies thank you are gone. Maybe my fault for not archiving them, but still, a glitch.

Message 10 of 102 (7,229 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help