Re: SA Servers - Battlefield 5

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V ZA Servers

★★★★★ Novice

Battlefield V - SA/ZA servers being cancelled rumour or fact?

I have recently spoken to a EA representative which informed me that the studios do not know about any ZA server closure for BF5.

This was the post made on FB,

Hey Folks - I wanted to let you know about a change that was made to Battlefield V in South Africa earlier today. Last night our servers in the region were retired. We've been monitoring the behaviour of players across the South African communities and see that the absolute majority of games that are played were done so via the Automated Matchmaking, which placed players into EU Servers. The same is also true of players in Dubai, who similarly spend the absolute majority of their time on EU servers. I recognise that there were still the occasional servers being used, particularly for events, but I was informed that the servers would be moved into a redundant state as of today. I wanted to make sure that you were all 100% aware of this now that the change has taken efffect, and not leave you wondering if there's a technical fault in the region, or indeed with the game itself. I recognise it's neither good, or welcome news - but I wanted to keep you informed. Do not be shy about sharing your feedback below.

Freeman // @PartWelsh - Battlefield CM

The Attached File is but a screenshot of the poster on FB and players online chat have been talking about it and are very concerned.
At the end of the day i bought this game to play multiplayer, I do not want to compete against EU players with a ping ranging from 150ms-250ms. It is unfair and spoils the whole experience.
I paid more than R1k for the game and was eagerly waiting for the release date and have been enjoying it despite some of the shortcomings. 

This was what a admin replied after a lengthily discussion.
I have highlighted the concern to the studios as a feedback, For now i would request you to post this on the forums for a general discussion and awareness too.

Message 7 of 143 (12,395 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V ZA Servers

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

An update for our #Battlefield players in South Africa. 

Update: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/202144/update-south-african-servers/

With that said I will be closing this topic. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 143 of 143 (9,034 Views)

All Replies

SA Servers - Battlefield 5

★ Apprentice

Hi EA/DICE,

Currently we have a huge crowd of South African gamers that are ready to play all night and all day, the problem we are currently experiencing is the amount of servers that are available to choose from.

Some days we have 1 or 2 and some days we have no servers available at all? We do not even have all the options to play different modes such as conquest and are sometimes limited to only TDM.

Can you please assist the masses here in SA that want to play BF5 but are reluctant because of the lack of SA servers that are join able.

BF1 provided is with more than 15 different game mode maps and modes and guys this side bought BF1 like crazy because of this.

We would love to spend more money supporting the franchise but currently servers are a huge issue and set back.

Speaking on behalf of all SA/Africa countries.

LockNLoad1724

Message 1 of 143 (12,979 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @LockNLoad5753

The Community Manager for Battlefield recently addressed this:

https://twitter.com/Braddock512/status/1114404762185658373

Hopefully this will be sorted soon for you guys.

Thanks Standard smile 

★ Apprentice

@iluminatethesky 

Thanks for getting back to me bud.

However the issue I have is not directly related to firestorm but based on overall "South African" experience.

Literally when you go the the African Region on filters you might find a max of only 2 servers available if you are lucky across all game modes in Battlefield V....

Please if it is in your power to escalate this issue it would be excellent.

Our gamer database is so limited in SA due to the lack of servers.

It would be only beneficial for DICE/EA to have more servers and I can guarantee they will watch their customer base in south africa grow rapidly.

We are hugely frustrated and which for a quick resolve of this issue.

Thanks a mil.

LockNLoad1724.

Message 3 of 143 (12,940 Views)

SA Servers Down/Shutoff?

★★★ Novice

Hi Support,

The servers in South Africa seem not to be working/filling with players. We also tried created a custom game server, but no dice.

Do you perhaps know if there is something greater at fault?

This is happening now on the 31st March, but yesterday 30 March there was a message that server was undergoing maintenance, and all the players were kicked?

Are there available staff to check out the SA servers please.

Kind regards

Message 4 of 143 (11,560 Views)

Battlefield V SA servers

★ Novice

Hi guys,

Whats up with SA servers for BF V ? Apparently they’ve been canceled. Is this true? If it is I want a refund! I paid for a game which said there will be local servers....we play regularly and now they are just gone. Is this a technical issue or has DICE and EA rescinded our local servers for good?  

Message 5 of 143 (11,633 Views)

No Servers to join in South Africa

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Other
On which server did this happen? South African servers
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.03.20 21:25
Summarize your bug Since Monday night at between 21:00 and 21:45 the South African server crashed kicking everybody in the lobby and we were since then unable find a live sever for South africa since, even when we try to create a community server it will create it but the community server will have a high ping which means the server must have created in EU. We also tried to start a [DICE] server by match making, but we are just then joined with another EU server. Our community just starting coming up strong but this is hurting the community badly.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Since Monday night at between 21:00 and 21:45 the South African server crashed kicking everybody in the lobby and we were since then unable find a live sever for South africa since, even when we try to create a community server it will create it but the community server will have a high ping which means the server must have created in EU. We also tried to start a [DICE] server by match making, but we are just then joined with another EU server. Our community just starting coming up strong but this is hurting the community badly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since Monday night at between 21:00 and 21:45 the South African server crashed kicking everybody in the lobby and we were since then unable find a live sever for South africa since, even when we try to create a community server it will create it but the community server will have a high ping which means the server must have created in EU. We also tried to start a [DICE] server by match making, but we are just then joined with another EU server. Our community just starting coming up strong but this is hurting the community badly.
What should be happening instead? We should be able to find a server already there for breakthrough, or start a south african community server

Since Monday night at between 21:00 and 21:45 the South African server crashed kicking everybody in the lobby and we were since then unable find a live sever for South africa since, even when we try to create a community server it will create it but the community server will have a high ping which means the server must have created in EU. We also tried to start a [DICE] server by match making, but we are just then joined with another EU server.

Our community just starting coming up strong but this is hurting the community badly.

Message 6 of 143 (11,456 Views)

★ Apprentice

Don't know what Dice/EA problem is but this is terrible!

Message 8 of 143 (12,304 Views)

Re: SA Servers Down/Shutoff?

★★★ Apprentice
@ChittyChickin I saw a article from a streamer that says that Dice has killed all the servers in the Africa and Dubai across all platforms. So it means Dice has abandoned the players in those regions meaning they are stuck with eu servers now ie 200 ping.
Message 9 of 143 (11,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would like to have a discussion about this. So hopefully we get an answer or at least some sort of explanation as to why. I for one will never support EA games again if this is how they treat their supporters. Everyone else in the world is working on support during the lockdowns and COVID-19 epidemic, and here we have this. Would be a sign of no humanity if you ask me. Everyone is doing their part to help keep people inside, and here we have this display. So im really hoping that this is just a server that crashed or something else that went wrong. 

Message 10 of 143 (12,260 Views)