Russian player need help

by WSPC-Andi-69

Original Post

Re: Russian player need help

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, still error 34601 when i trying to use find game. Annoying problem.

Battlefield V Screenshot 2018.12.01 - 10.38.02.35.png

Message 151 of 177 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello!

Thank you! Now I can connect to the game, but still can’t play.

All servers have gray ping field.

I have tried to delete Battlefield V Document folder and all steps from PC connection troubleshooter. Still does not work.

It works through VPN, but ping is too high to play. Therefore, this problem is only for Russia.

Grey ping Servers.jpg

Message 152 of 177 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I can't connect today. And the weirdest thing is as long as BF 5 is running in the foreground my internet connection just stops working altogether, I get request timeouts even to 8.8.8.8 but as soon as I minimize BF 5, everything goes to normal (it even manages to show the multiplayer menu sometimes). Not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Message 153 of 177 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ElectronicDK I dont think that game can do such a thing... Do u try to reinstall NIC (network interface controller) drivers or perhaps, u have installed some network connection optimization software like "Killer Software"?

Message 154 of 177 (903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@MADrag0n thank you for your comment, yeah, it looked weird to me as well, so I made sure I have the latest GPU drivers, because I have one of the latest Nvidia gpus, rebooted my computer, it seems to have improved things but now I'm getting a -34601 error. (And no, I don't have many 3rd party apps installed especially different kinds of "optimizers", I try to keep everything more or less clean).

Message 155 of 177 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic

Even though I can connect from Russian IP without using VPN, I'm now getting an awful ping. Previously it was 58-65, not it's 100-115. This happened recently, when people started complaining about "-34601 error".

Most of the time "Ping" is "-" in the servers' browse window:

3YlvkZt.jpg

Clip2net_181202160824.png

Message 156 of 177 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue, on some german servers everything is okay, on some servers (german too) i am getting those icons indicating packet loss and unstable ping. Grey server ping indicators and error -34601 when i trying to use quick game too. Also i cant get on british servers at all, it says network connection is too bad or something like that. No problems when i use VPN, and there was no problems before 29 november. A lot of russian players experiencing those troubles too. Ofcourse its great that ea fixed 2000 error, but there still a problem for russian players, please fix it too.

Message 157 of 177 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

yeah, also noticed, that on some servers ping is ok, around 60, on others (from the same country - Germany) could be 250.

Message 158 of 177 (851 Views)

★ Apprentice
Not sure how this whole answers ea thingy work, but I'm also from russia, have bf5 on ps4 and almost constantly getting that 34601 error. Bought game couple of days ago. Restarting ps4 occasionally helps. ISP Beeline. Need help and fix on this annoying issue...
Message 159 of 177 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

+

I understand that the inner workings of BF backend is a secret and everything but it would be great if you gave us some clarity by describing how you've been trying to fix this problem and what issues you've encountered yourself because obviously something is changing all the time, in the last week or so I've gone back and forth between following stages in no particular order (without changing anything on my side): everything works very well, can't connect to multiplayer in main menu, can connect in main menu but can't search for games, can search for games but lag is terrible, can search for games but lag is erratic - can be good can be bad during the same game.

I'm not even sure anymore if it's a problem on EA's side or ISP's side. I tried disabling all firewalls to make sure all ports are open but nothing changed. And everything used to work perfectly with my current setup so obviously either ISP or EA changed something.

Message 160 of 177 (791 Views)