Running Origin on Windows 8

by wdtvandsound

Original Post

Re: Running Origin on Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

if me 2 works on win 8 me 3 should also work but problem is it needs advanced settings etc etc.

some ea games are nonsense

Message 41 of 76 (2,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solved it by unistalling Origin.

Then Installed again on another HDD which wasn't the C:\.

Could be that the issue presents itself when you install in the C:\Program Files(x86) and their is some kind of permission issue.

Message 42 of 76 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found the answer!

2 easy steps.... First uninstall Origin, then install Steam and say "f*ck you Origin for absolutely nothing"... worked for me

Message 43 of 76 (1,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi guys.i had the same problem for the last two days.my solution was very different from every other solution i read.smply reinstall the graphics card driver.the driver was damaged after windows update.my system after reinstalationis working perfectly now.i hope i canhelp you with this.anyway both origin and microsoft must doublecheck their products that WE PAY
Message 44 of 76 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Plain and simple: Will not work for windows 8.

I was super excited to get my sims on, but it just didn't work out at all. Origin doesn't work, and I can't even log into it.

I must say, this whole experience was very disappointing.

I found the website to be poorly crafted, (especially for a gaming website at that), with quite a few links broken.

Their "help" section is a joke, much like their website.

Further more, would it have killed them to perhaps mention ANYWHERE on their website that they are NOT compatible with windows 8?

Waste of time.

Message 45 of 76 (1,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie

^ Completely 100% agree.

THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME.

Message 46 of 76 (1,546 Views)

★★ Novice

It does work on win 8.  I'm not sure this will work for everyone, but at least for me technical support was able to help.  I had to create a new user on my computer, logout of origin on my primary account, login to new user account, load origin as administrator, and install/play game.  now I can play it on all three of my windows accounts.  I sure hope this helps others.  I was super annoyed!  I just don't know why it helped..lol

Message 47 of 76 (1,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I contacted EA and its all about Windows 8.  I contacted Microsoft and its the same thing.  Microsoft admitted to the issues with Origin and that EA is trying their best to get something out for us.

Message 48 of 76 (1,381 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yeah, I had Origin running just fine on Windows 8 yesterday.  Last night I updated (now regrettably) to 8.1 and now Origin won't launch or re-install.  Going to try a few things and will report back what works.   First going to try UNINSTALL of Origin followed by reinstallation of video card drivers as mentioned in a prior post.

Message 49 of 76 (1,345 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@truthserum65 wrote:

yeah, I had Origin running just fine on Windows 8 yesterday.  Last night I updated (now regrettably) to 8.1 and now Origin won't launch or re-install.  Going to try a few things and will report back what works.   First going to try UNINSTALL of Origin followed by reinstallation of video card drivers as mentioned in a prior post.

OK - Uninstalling Origin and reinstalling did the trick.  Not sure what some others are experiencing on Win8/8.1.  Good Luck to all who have this issue.

Message 50 of 76 (1,341 Views)