Re: Rivals match up engine fails Im about to quit

by Shinerplunderer

Original Post

Rivals match up engine fails Im about to quit

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Im addressing u, dev team, i guess id never want to play a game where smth.s screwed, the same is Rivals. I need yur answer: Do u think its any way fair if Ive been encountering match rivals who are too tough to play against due to my level ??? you can see it at pics attached in here. for instance, me lvl 3 vs. lvl 8, how come ?!?! Second, Ive been matched up against highly ranked guys or along wit unknown units for about a day by the time !! Why on earth should i battle on against those EVERY EVERY SINGLE TIME ? ok, say 8 outta 10 times. Because of the two abovementioned im literally stuck n now it feels like waste of time thats it. just take a look - why should i fight the guy who paid for the 59lvl unit - mammoth tank ?! anyones sure to lose in this case if eh doesnt buy crates for money as well..

its guna be utterly sad if not fixed guys. 

Message 1 of 9 (869 Views)

★★ Novice
forgot my ID: 1004525362453, look thru ingame logs within my ID plays and u'll see
Message 2 of 9 (863 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @MaxisZealot thanks for reaching out. Matchmaking is determined entirely on your medal count, not on your unit level. The more medals you have, the more likely you are to face an opponent with higher units, simply because they've upgraded their units but they are within the same medal range as you. Hope this helps! 

Message 3 of 9 (853 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, it doesn't help at all... Are you saying that we're facing high level oponents just because we play well and have lot's of medals?

I accept the challenge battles mode, since loosing there doesn't affect me much, but on "Rivals" tournament, where you can only play 10 times, it's quite annoying to be 80% of the time playing with players with quite higher units / units I haven't unlocked.

Or would you tell me there's no other player with stats like mine at my level? if so just wait until I reach lvl 15 and I'll be number 1 LOL

Seriously... I understand your bosses are only interested in wining more money from the players who spend hundreds (thousands?) of dollars in the game... but It would be good to give a nice game experience to all players, and not concentrate in the paying players only...

Message 4 of 9 (840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, and it's getting pretty annoying. I'm at level 21, have not bought any advancements, and consistently get matched up with level 56 through level 60 people as challenge matches. It really sucks when they come out with one of the two top vehicles, and I have no chance. Wouldn't be bad if it didn't happen 90% of the time, but I'm on a pretty bad losing streak...

Message 5 of 9 (815 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Maybe they should use total medal count (gdi+nod) instead of just one or the other... I just got paired up with a 3k gdi opponent (equal to me), but who was 3,300 higher in nod medals, and was 40 levels higher than me.
Message 6 of 9 (809 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. I keep on getting challenge battles as if there was no tomorrow. Seriously, its like the game thinks I'm too slow or something. I plan to level up my units first before I get a fair advantage against my enemy. Maybe the medals should be compared with its opponent. If I have like 2000 medals, I should get someone within that range. This is like 1800 to 2200, not someone who is like 2600 or 2800. Most of my challenge battle are about high level units if not unknown enemy unit. Also the game should also check the ranks, I am not playing against a level 15 if I am a level 12, even if we have the same army level. This really stinks, I mean I don't loose my win streak yet my win rate is perhaps slowly falling down. Also my user ID is #3gxgzNMb and my in game account is EinarThePillager.

Message 7 of 9 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah, buddy, thats the story. They wont speak out theres a tech bug that serves em well. Cos many are guna pay for one or a few promo packages thats for sure in a long while since it really makes u fret when you've already gone halfway up to lvl 60 for instance n it feels so freaking empty to quit now. 

thats ridiculous any battle matching depends on how many medals you got. Whatttaaa holy macaroni ! im not supposed to encounter the guy wit lvl 60 units in any possible ways you know cos this means I cant technically win all the same! Second, ive looked up thru discord threads all about CnC Rivals - some guy wrote there was an ongoing issue that players from higher leagues happened to be kicked down to lower ones so they would have a cutting edge over us n it appears to be a way more frequent than it should be if ever...

Message 8 of 9 (784 Views)

★ Guide

Nah, I'd take my time and do the bounties. It doesn't seem to matter if my win rate falls to 40% or I lose a streak. I mean over time, I get higher units and grow slowly.

Message 9 of 9 (774 Views)