Re: Rishi Arrival During Revan Xpac

by Dark_Dreamer_77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rishi Arrival During Revan Xpac

★ Novice

After completing the Forged Alliances quest line, I initiated the Prelude to Revan from my ship's mission terminal as prompted. The movie will play and drop me on Rishi. This where I'm experiencing problems. Upon the initial load screen for the planet, it'll show my toon with a "conversation bubble" but the whole game client freezes at this point. I've waited upwards of 20 minutes to no avail. There's no way for me to "reset" and the character is completely stuck here. There's no option to move to a different planet or anything like that, it just remains stuck on this cut-scene as soon as I log in from character selection.  I've reinstalled the entire game and have done the bitraider thing and that hasn't helped either.

I was trying to push as many alts through Revan as I could before Knights comes out. Now I have 3 of them stuck like this. Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 5 (459 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Dark_Dreamer_77

Lower all gfx settings to low and try again

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (444 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

It seems like you've already done the standard troubleshooting, so I'm not sure how to suggest you fix it. So my suggestion would be if you can access another computer try installing it on that. Or if you have a friend who plays the game, try it on his machine. If you only need to get past that one part, it could work as a temporary work around.

Message 2 of 5 (454 Views)

★ Novice

I have two laptops and a desktop that I've attempted log ins on and experience the same issue with all of them. It seems to be a weird glitch that's associated with my account rather than the game client installation. I've submitted a few bug reports but we all know how useless that is. A generic automated response thanking me for a bug report isn't a solution and it's virtually impossible to contact tech support or customer service directly. Even more difficult is reaching someone who is able to help rather than getting the run around. I'm hoping that someone reads this thread and is able to point me in the right direction for a fix. Until then I'm basically unable to play the game because my toons are locked in this glitch.

Message 3 of 5 (446 Views)

@Dark_Dreamer_77

Lower all gfx settings to low and try again

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 5 (445 Views)

★ Novice

Incredibly simple solution and odd that it only affects my game in that one particular spot, nowhere else. None-the-less, it resolved my issue and the game has progressed forward. Thank you for the help.

If you're just a volunteer moderator for the forums, you ought to be pulling a paycheck from them. I've been trying to get someone from EA/BioWare to help me for days which turned out to be nothing more than a huge waste of time and effort. You were able to help in a matter of minutes. Keep up the great work!

Message 5 of 5 (430 Views)