Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Ridiculously low clip sizes / Weapon effects"bleeding" over to others.

by Sirenapples

Original Post

Highlighted

Ridiculously low clip sizes / Weapon effects"bleeding" over to others.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Effects on one weapon bleed over to other weapons, and augmentations often cause unusablely small clip sizes ruining the weapon for no reason.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? *Shrugs* It's inherent to the augmentation system and something's wrong with the game code itself to cause these "Bleed overs" between equipment. It's happened with Armor as well, you can see people complaining about Fusion Mods being active when you don't have it on (Primarily the damage on evade).
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? AMD
Please enter memory size in GB. 12

I don't have much in me to give any sort of detailed analysis or explanation,   I'm just reporting a bug and throwing it out there to keep in mind or reference if it happens for someone else.

1) Augmentations often "Bleed over" to other weapons I'm using.   I used an Electric assault rifle for example,  and the electric effect somehow bleeds over to my Shotgun. Which seems to cripple its damage and reduce it's clip.     Nothing about screwing with clip size is even stated in the augments.

2) Clip sizes get effected way too much.  I do not see the point of crippling weapons in this way,  it's a singleplayer game,  it's nothing but fun to run into combinations that have high effectiveness,  especially on ultra rare augmentations.   But then out of nowhere your clip size of 15 becomes 1-2.    That vintage heat sink for example,  just an example and not the only problem like this,  turns any gun  I've used it on into a single shot weapon.  Why?   There's nothing balanced about this.  It's just outright crippling weapons.

The Viper for example,  I just gave it the Sticky grenade.   Clip size of 3 or 4 is now a 1-shot.  Wtf.   There's just no point in even using any augmentations on anything other than the Isharay, because everything else is crippled.

Sometimes I'll even be able to use a weapon for 1 clip.  Then once I reload suddenly my 10+ shots are now 2.   I just can't even imagine this was intentional,  but how could it not be?  How can a game be so buggy as to have bugs like that effecting basic mechanics?

Message 1 of 1 (147 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help