Betreff: Ridiculous, After 5 days from the purchase, still unable to end a singl

by holger1405

Original Post

Betreff: Ridiculous, After 5 days from the purchase, still unable to end a singl

[ Edited ]

@ESGudjohnsen

GPU seems to be fine.

You should set your GPU fan curve a little more aggressive. The Core Temps on the GPU are fine, but because your fan only rotates with 40% of its capacity under full load (at least after the reading, software readings can always simply be wrong) it could be worth it to cool the additional components on the GPU a little better.
(You don't have to ramp it up to 100%, no need to kill your eardrum, just to 50 - 60%.)

How many case fans do you have?

CPU Temps are a different story:

CPUPECI.png

Core.png

So the CPU PECI and Core temps are a little bit worse as you expected them to be.

There is still no thermal throttling here, nor are these temperatures immediate dangerous for the CPU.

But still, for a 5 years old Ivy Bridge CPU this is a bit much, and you have crashes.

There is more.

Eror.png

(And here I might have to swallow my own words) Wink This CPU errors need to be looked after.

As you can see the errors happen close to the crash.

• Press the windows key > Type "Event" > Click on "Event manager" in the search results.
  • Go to: Application and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Kernel-WHEA > Errors.
  • If you find error logs there, load one up. (If there are logs with different errors, load both up)
  • Then: Set your CPU back to default clocks and default settings.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 21 of 27 (561 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@holger1405

First of all, i want to thank you again for the patience and for the professionality you are dedicating in my problem, you're awsome!

Even if this is coming from a problem, im glad to learn a lot of new things that ive never heard before.

So, i followed the path and found an insane amount of errors, they seems all the same, so i suppose that linking you the last one is enough. The problem is that this site is saying me "Unsupported extension type".

Beside this, talking about to set CPU to default, i need to link you the post i wrote on Reddit some days ago, exactly because i thought it could be CPU related. You'll read that im in a very particular situation, in fact no one helped me. I really want to underclock CPU, there are more than 6 years that it works overclocked. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/aaar6d/underclock_an_overclocked_cpu_in_an_oem_pc/

Message 22 of 27 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ESGudjohnsen

Double click the error in the Event Manager > Copy (left bottom) > paste it into a text file and save > load the text file up. 

Edit: It is very late were I am, so I will be back tomorrow.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 23 of 27 (543 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Of course, absolutely not a problem. In the meanwhile im sending the text file.

Thank you again!

Message 24 of 27 (538 Views)

@ESGudjohnsen

The documentation of your systems BIOS is subpar.

There is a OC button (Manual) (Chapter 1, side 11) at the top of your system. But it is not 100% clear if pressing this button will set things back to default.

You should be able to disable the OC profiles in the BIOS or in AI Suite II, (Manual, Chapter 6, side 53 - 54) but I can't really help you with that, it is simply not documented how to do that exactly. 

Message 25 of 27 (508 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@holger1405 

Exactly, this pc came out with a 4.20ghz starting point, pressing that button i can bring it to 4.40ghz and pressing again to 4.60ghz. If i press it another time, it comes back to 4.20ghz. Its like a cycle that advance every button pressure: 4.2>4.4>4.6>4.2>4.4>4.6 etc. 

The AI Suite II has various tools, but the only one oc related is the same thing i can do with the button, instead of press it i can switch the oc steps (4.2-4.4-4.6) via this software.

Same in the bios. 

Thats why i asked help on reddit, because must be a way to force to avoid this overclock. And now that you found out that oc could be the problem, i want it more than before. 

Message 26 of 27 (505 Views)

@ESGudjohnsen

I see the problem, but there should be a opportunity to disable the OC profiles.

It should be in the BIOS somewhere, but I can't help here, I simply don't know how the BIOS is structured.

Best option would be to contact ASUS Support.

Message 27 of 27 (491 Views)