Reversing does not work

by Vikingar3

Original Post

Reversing does not work

★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Im using a G920 steering wheel, for some reason i cant reverse at all, i have tried setting reverse to automatic when you hit the brakes, that didnt work, game doesnt see the reverse gear so i cant put it into reverse. I have been looking for settings so i could manually set the mapping of my steering wheel but i cant find anything either.
What car were you using? Any
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Generally driving around
Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using a steering wheel and see if you hit the brake does it work
What happens when the bug occurs? Cant reverse
What do you expect to see? A reversing car

So as i said in the summary i cannot, put my car in reverse i have tried all settings

Message 1 of 8 (6,486 Views)

Re: Reversing does not work

Community Manager

@Vikingar3 

Does L2 work?

g920e.PNG

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (6,454 Views)

More robust steering wheel support

★★ Novice

It's nice to have steering wheel support in the game because it definitely makes the experience way more fun so thank you for that. I'm using the Logitech G920 with the gear shifter attachment and I've noticed that there are a few things that are not fully implemented with the wheel and shifter that could add more to the experience.

1) When the gear shifter is in neutral position the game does not register the car as in neutral. It keeps it in the same gear that it was in before.

2) There is no support for the clutch. I don't have to press down on the clutch in order for me to shift gears which is definitely not how driving a manual transmission car is like.

3) Reversing does not seem to work when putting the car in reverse on the Logitech gear shifter. I know there is a setting that toggles this but for some reason it does not work. When I need to reverse I have to switch to the paddle shifter which wastes time.

The third one I think is more of a bug (or maybe I'm just doing something wrong and someone in the forums can help me correct this) but the first two items are imperative for adding more to the experience because this is a game about cars so it's important to have the functionality exactly like a car. The game is a lot of fun and I think refining the steering wheel and gear shifter controls will really boost the player experience. Thank you!

Message 3 of 8 (6,490 Views)

Re: More robust steering wheel support

★ Pro
@MrKobayashiMaru Also pressing in the clutch might be usefull for drifting and clutchkicking. This should replace the gas to drift in some form shouldn't it?
Message 4 of 8 (6,453 Views)

Re: More robust steering wheel support

★★ Novice

Yes! It would help with the drifting mechanics and make it feel more comfortable. Thanks for adding that!

Message 5 of 8 (6,433 Views)

Unable to reverse with logitech G920

★★★ Newbie

Hey Everyone

I have been playing this game for a few hours now with my Logitech G920.

The issue I come across is when using manual with the stick shifter that came with my 920 it wont allow me to reverse this includes auto reverse as well.

So I tried shifting from 1 to R and 6 to R for (S!@#s and giggles) neither worked.

After that I switched to autoreverse and pressed the brake and held it with no reverse and double pressed the brake and still no reverse.

With Autoreverse I also tried putting the shifter in R and 1st gear with no luck

Im pretty sure this is a bug and had costed me some points driving at night because I couldnt reverse away from the Cops.

Please shed some light as to what im doing wrong or please fix this bug as I like driving in manual

Thanks

Message 6 of 8 (6,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any news on this at all?? 

Having the problem still 1 year later. 

Message 7 of 8 (5,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got to love EA games. Always half a$$ed and their community mods are pretty much useless when it comes to directly answering questions. I've seen this asked over and over and still no response. Why don't you guys just give this franchise to a publisher that actually cares about it?

Message 8 of 8 (4,776 Views)