Re: Returnee: NO password and NO security code

by Bold001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Returnee: NO password and NO security code

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So yeah, my title says everything. I wanted to play again with a friend, but I have a new phone, so no security code and because I didn't play for a long time I forgot my password too. Same e-mail in Swtor as in Origin / EA account, but the password is different.

If there is any solution please help.

EDIT: Trying to write to support [edit: email address removed], https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Temporary-changes-to-support-options/m-p/8875833#M55113

Edit 2: After a number of attempts I got my password right, problem solved.

Message 1 of 31 (8,550 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

Hey there! As you've elected to do, emailing support is the best course of action in this instance. I hope your issue gets resolved soon!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 31 (8,478 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Hey there! As you've elected to do, emailing support is the best course of action in this instance. I hope your issue gets resolved soon!

Message 2 of 31 (8,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been able to reset my password.  This screenshot is the error that I am getting when trying to login.  When I check my email, nothing is there.  Yes I checked spam/junk.  I have contacted support and its been over a week.  Not sure where to go from here.

Message 3 of 31 (8,220 Views)

@shadowbeast11 

current wait time is about 10 days per the sticky https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-Known-Information-and-Current-Alerts-21st-Apr-20/td-...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 31 (8,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ya'll should probably fix this. My account has screwed my security key and just shut it off multiple times that I had to fix and spent hours helping my buddy try to get into his account when he didnt have the PW or the security key. I get that he lost it but this is ridiculous. Ive been trying to get into his account for hours for him and finally had to send an email. Not trying to be an a-hole, but im a sub. I pay monthly when I play and for someone who pays 15 dollars literally every month to play your game then have to turn around and fix my own account and my friends is ridiculous. Not trying to be that guy but it needs to be fixed. If its not and I have this issue again im cancelling. Straight up. I dont want to take the small time I have to fix my account that I literally pay money to use. Its quite infuriating.

Message 5 of 31 (7,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ExiledRival I need help. I downloaded the launcher on my new pc, I new my username, I had forgotten my pw, I had them send a pw reset link, I forgot that I had a security key app, but no longer. So when I tried to use the pw reset it asks for the security code. I then had them send the one time security code. At this time nothing works and I dont know what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Doug
Message 6 of 31 (5,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Littlemac44 Hey there! If you have forgotten your password and you have a Security Key attached to your account, you will have to email support and have them remove the Security Key for you before you are able to reset your password. I hope this helps!

Message 7 of 31 (5,916 Views)

★★ Novice

so what do i do, i need my security key (which i dont have) to change my password(which i dont have) so Im stuck in the loop and cannot contact anyone because Im not a subscriber and not going to be till i can actually play the game.  So what do i do?  seriously why would i sub to something i cant play?

Message 8 of 31 (5,542 Views)

★★ Novice

o and emailing support didn't do anything at all

Message 9 of 31 (5,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am in the same boat, still waiting on a response to my emails and shocked that a company like EA do not have an automated response to say it has been received. The backlog is likely due to us not knowing whether you have even received our queries so posting again in frustration 

Message 10 of 31 (4,788 Views)