Restoring account

by SeljoB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Restoring account

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have an un-linked account (did not have the Google Play option in game on Android, and do not have a FB account), and the game installation seemingly got corrupt so it can not start up anymore - I am getting stuck at this screen with no dialog displayed even (attached).

Prior to this I have had issues with frequent game restarts, and I have always submitted the crash log in hope that this would help to make the game more stable.

Anyhow, if I reinstall the game, I would lose all the progress. So I got stuck.

I created a support ticket 47249416 about 10 days ago, and the support and answers received thus far are as follows: 1) the typical basic troubleshooting steps (restart the Android, clear cache, etc.), 2) we reported this as SW bug to our development team, 3) please post a message on forums (which I am doing now in desperation ...).

I've been playing the SWGOH for 2,5 years, every day. It bothers me that I am not able to log into the game and that I have not made any progress for more than 10 days now. I am in a good guild, and they are awaiting for my return. I have invested a lot of efforts in this game, made a solid progress having a relatively strong account, and I am a big fan of the Star Wars, and I really love this game (it is the only game I am playing...).

The way I see it, the only way forward is to reinstall the game, or install it on another device, and thereafter do some manual copying of files from the corrupted installation that contains the account data, and/or get some support and manual interventions from the development team for restoring the un-linked account (as I am sure the account data is also stored on the servers).

To be honest, after a number of loops from with the first line support team and no new suggestion in about a week (other than saying that the SW bug has been reported to dev team, while my request is for restoring my account), I am losing hope that I would get help through the standard support channel to be able to successfully restore my account.

Can anyone provide some useful advice or proposals how the account could be restored? Other than that I should await to hear back from the first line support team. After all, they have strongly suggested that I post a question on the forum ...

Thank you.

Seljo Beljo

Message 1 of 4 (682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Restoring account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Hi @SeljoB, I'm afraid troubleshooting on the forum wouldn't be helpful in this scenario and I won't have the visibility to look into your account in order to advise further on this so contacting the EA Help Support team for assistance would be best. Have you been in contact the support team since this post?  

Thank you for wanting to keep us in the loop on your help case with support. I'm sure future readers going through this too would appreciate more insight on this/an update/more information. Standard smile 
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (591 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Just to update the post: the support team handling the case has offered to move my account to a new device/platform with the new and working game installation. I will revert back with the outcome.

Message 2 of 4 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Hi @SeljoB, I'm afraid troubleshooting on the forum wouldn't be helpful in this scenario and I won't have the visibility to look into your account in order to advise further on this so contacting the EA Help Support team for assistance would be best. Have you been in contact the support team since this post?  

Thank you for wanting to keep us in the loop on your help case with support. I'm sure future readers going through this too would appreciate more insight on this/an update/more information. Standard smile 
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 4 (592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Good news - the technical support team has managed to restore my account on a another device! So you can archive this thread Standard smile

I accept your reply as solution for this post.

Regards, Aleks

Message 4 of 4 (586 Views)