Re: Restore Deleted Character - SWTOR

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Restore Deleted Character - SWTOR

★★★ Newbie

I need one of my characters to be restored with which I brought a race and forgot to unlock before deleting.

Message 1 of 7 (17,236 Views)

Accepted Solution

@nonamelefttouse

You will need to submit a in-game ticket , mention the

Server , Character name , level , class type and when deleted and ask for it to be restored.

They may take a while to restore it but it will occur see here

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (18,493 Views)

All Replies

@nonamelefttouse

You will need to submit a in-game ticket , mention the

Server , Character name , level , class type and when deleted and ask for it to be restored.

They may take a while to restore it but it will occur see here

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 7 (18,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

There are characters that are too old for them to restore. They answered me with this after making me open 5 tickets asking the same questions after closing each ticket.

"Hi _____, 

I am [removed] from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service, and I am happy to assst you today.

I take good note that you regret the deletion of characters that you deleted prior to a server merge that occured the 11/08/2017.

I understand that your state of frustration led you to contact us multiple times , and duplicate unanswered tickets are closed as they could lead to confusion from our side...

It is with deep regrets that I need to inform you , that we can no longer restore your characters.
They have been deleted for far too long and they would be now completely broken after their restoration.
Restoring them would not make them compatible any longer to the current version of the game.

We do restore only recently deleted characters that have been accidently deleted and we urge players to contact us as soon as possible when it happens.

You have my deepest sympathy on that occasion, as I can anticipate your disappointment, and I look forward for a more favorable answer on your next request.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game. 
Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history. 

Thank you, 
[removed]
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey which will help us to continually improve our support!"
[MOD: survey link removed]

The point is my characters weren't accidentally deleted. They were deleted when I was away from my account. No character is safe basically unless you stay subscribed. May the farce be with you.
Message 3 of 7 (12,921 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@shenkt 

Characters are never deleted unless the player himself deletes them, this is just not something the game or anyone working for SWTOR does, and being a subscriber, an inactive player, or a free-to-play player will not change this.

Unfortunately in this case there was nothing else the agent could do. Since the server merge, character restorations are more restricted than they used to be. When very old characters are restored now, they are left in an unplayable state. This is why character deletion cannot be done on a whim: if you delete your characters, you need to be aware that it might be permanent.

Please keep in mind that even when they were not restricted, prior to the merge, a restoration was never guaranteed. 

I have edited your message to remove the survey link.

Message 4 of 7 (12,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can't submit in-game ticket because I'm not a subscriber. Any other way?

Message 5 of 7 (11,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, but this is not correct. After few years of inactivity I have logged in yesterday and I have no characters. I did not delete them.

@EA_Chimere wrote:

@shenkt 

Characters are never deleted unless the player himself deletes them, this is just not something the game or anyone working for SWTOR does, and being a subscriber, an inactive player, or a free-to-play player will not change this.

Unfortunately in this case there was nothing else the agent could do. Since the server merge, character restorations are more restricted than they used to be. When very old characters are restored now, they are left in an unplayable state. This is why character deletion cannot be done on a whim: if you delete your characters, you need to be aware that it might be permanent.

Please keep in mind that even when they were not restricted, prior to the merge, a restoration was never guaranteed. 

I have edited your message to remove the survey link.

Message 6 of 7 (11,026 Views)
Highlighted

@WRahSK 

We find people are logging into a different account when they find all their characters are gone

give cs a call they can help you find the characters

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 7 (11,017 Views)