Re: Resolution Problem (Apex Legends)

by SaltyVanola

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This worked for me :

I have two GPUs one integrated (intel) and dedicated 

( nvidia gtx1050) on my laptop so i added a custom resolution on intel graphic settings. As i was playing the game at 1600*900 i overwrite the resolution and added it in custom resolution and opened the game and it brought back all the resolution and aspect ratios.

Another method is uninstall the nvidia geforce experience totally and open the game and set the resolution , it will show all the resolutions then close the game and install nvidia geforce again.

Message 31 of 49 (2,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since, your monitor's max res is only 1366x768, that is what all of you game's max res is. If you want to play apex at 1920 x 1080, you should get a monitor that's atleast 1920 x 1080.

Message 32 of 49 (2,783 Views)

★ Novice

this really helped me ...its dead simple just changed the windowed to 1 and boom perfect again

Message 33 of 49 (2,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OMG Thank you so much bro Large smile

Message 34 of 49 (2,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine wont save and I cant play the game at all

Message 35 of 49 (2,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why ea can't replace an old engine with their engine
Why ea Can't take the old engine number of this game's Apex and also change the graphics

Message 36 of 49 (2,033 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

So I know this was from  like a year ago but do you know if there is another way to fix this, I tried this method andit does work. But when i go ingame I want to be able to change my resolution to 4:3 and it's stuck in 1280x720 when i go into fullscreen mode.

Message 37 of 49 (1,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GabsCMR mine said engine error when i did but it did load half way
Message 38 of 49 (1,841 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So i am sure that other people are still having this problem even after changing the videoconfig file. I know i couldn't get it to work. Right before it stopped working I was trying to troubleshoot a different issue (Lenovo fn-Q, not going into performance mode) I fixed that issue and then this happened. My laptop is fairly new so as it turns out I had not ever opened my Nvidia Control Panel application, during the trouble shooting of that last problem I opened it and agreed to the terms. Turns out this applied some default settings to my laptop. 

If you have it go to, Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D settings->Manage Display Mode, If your display mode is on automatic Apex will not run (I don't know why, I'm not an expert.) I selected Optimus, instead. click apply->Keep Changes, I tested the game and viola it worked. So I closed the game down and switched it to my other option (Nvidia GPU only) this also works. 

TL;DR

Nvidia interferes with launcher. 

Nvidia Control Panel->3D settings->Manage Display Mode->take it off auto->apply->keep changes

Best of luck. 

Message 39 of 49 (1,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@LordStarkXVLIII  Thank you. You saved me. I was able to change the config file to be able to play the game. But I can't change any settings due to it will be minimised to 1280 X 720 immediately. And so I saw your comments and tried and it worked perfectly. Now the game finally detects my navtive resolution as 1920 X 1080 and can finally change the settings for better fps in game. Hope more people will see this as I think this is the primary solution to solve this problem

Message 40 of 49 (1,213 Views)