Resolution Problem (Apex Legends)

by Mr_LittleWeasel

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Resolution Problem (Apex Legends)

★★★ Novice

My friend is currently having a situation with the resolution 1280x720, I saw that someone already made a thread but I thought making a new one might help get more traction for the devs to see. Anyway, the problem that is occurring is that he loads up the game. The anti-cheat banner does pop up and load all the way through, it opens a window to the game but then only shows a white screen opening a message window and stating what is said in the png. I've gone through the game files but I cannot find any one that has a option to change the resolution to be able to have him at least load the game.

Message 1 of 49 (91,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Resolution Problem (Apex Legends)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local

videoconfig > open with note pad.

Find these command lines and input your resolution, fullscreen "0" and "no window border" "1"

Example > 

"setting.defaultres" "1920" < Width>
"setting.defaultresheight" "1080" <Height>
"setting.fullscreen" "0"
"setting.nowindowborder" "1"

save file > reopen to check changes stuck

Apex must be closed during these changes otherwise it will overwrite upon closing. 

Works for me.

View in thread

Message 16 of 49 (115,155 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
This needs more attention. I have the exact same problem Frown

I'm currently sending a ticket/message to EA to hear about a resolve/fix to the problem.
Message 2 of 49 (91,127 Views)

Hero

I believe you can change the resolution from outside the game in the file:

C:\Users\yourwindowsusername\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local\videoconfig.txt

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 49 (91,110 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay so update, 1.) the previous one I tried didn't work BUT, I did tell my friend to change his display settings on his desktop and that seemed to work right now we are loading up the game to see what happens

Message 4 of 49 (91,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Carbonic I did try this & changed the res in the txt file to 1920x1080 but didn't work Frown ... my current maximum pc resolution is 1366x768 ... can you please tell me how to make this work for my current resolution please?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 49 (91,078 Views)

★ Novice

Just go into video setting and set adaptive resolution target to 0, I had this problem last night. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Message 6 of 49 (91,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Lt_DinkleTink pacepevan i can't find this on the videoconfig text file ... are you talking about settings In-game? if so i cant even get in game

Message 7 of 49 (90,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me changing the "setting.nowindowborder" from "0" to "1" was a quick temporary solution within that file

Message 8 of 49 (90,813 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I changed to 1920-1080 but it didn't work
Message 9 of 49 (90,697 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
It just overwrites the settings as I need to drop my resolution to 2560 x 1080. I'll see if it still works if I set the file to 'Read Only', but I had the same problem with Anthem and setting the file to Read Only still didn't work.

Also, as I'm colourblind and the colourblind options don't work, I tried running the game from a monochrome desktop, but it just puts it back into full colour again.
Message 10 of 49 (90,235 Views)