Re: Replacement G502 mouse: look right, go prone problem

by bulletmagnet45

Original Post

Replacement G502 mouse: look right, go prone problem

★★★★★ Novice

My old G502 was failing after years of faithful service playing the Battlefield series. The new G502 has some un-explainable (at least by me) quirks during gameplay even though I'm using the same keybindings as the old mouse. For example, if I look right twice, the second time, my player goes prone facing to the right. If I look left twice, the second time I do, my player goes prone facing front. I've checked all the key bindings and I don't see any macros and all the other key bindings appear to act as they should. No other profiles are active.

I've tried several times to reset the "look right, look left" bindings to no avail.  I'm baffled because the old mouse worked perfectly.

Any explanations? Thanks for any suggestions.

Message 1 of 6 (695 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you delete all Logitech folders before installing the new mouse? Including the one in the \appdata folder? Or just maybe you have a macro function enabled on some "other" program that translates the movements into a key function. After removing the Logi software i would just in case also delete the c:\users\xxx\Documents\Battlefield 1 folder and see if this solved the puzzle.

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't really "install" the new mouse, I just plugged it in and changed the keys from the default assignments to the Battlefield-specific ones.  But I'll try your suggestions although I still don't understand why, when I swapped in a supposedly identical mouse, that the new one did behave the same as the old one.  Also, I don't use mouse macros so I don't think that's the problem.

Message 3 of 6 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK, I uninstalled the Logitech Software and the Battlefield 1 folder in Documents and the Logitech folders in AppData/Local and reinstalled the Logtech software and reconfigured the key bindings in BF1.  Still have the same problem. Sniffed around various Logitech files but didn't see anything that looked promising.  Disappointed  So, I guess I'm stuck with the problem unless Logitech has an answer.

Message 4 of 6 (633 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think in my Logi mouse days this was the reason why i didnt have it running. Just change the speed and leaf the software autostart off? Unless there is is RGB function that depends on it?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 5 of 6 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Well, I did manage to mostly correct the problem but the solution was so simple and I was so stupid not to see it sooner I'm not going to discuss it further.  Many thanks for your suggestions as I'm sure they will be useful sometime in the future.  Who knew that Logitech files were in so many places?  (You did!!)

Message 6 of 6 (621 Views)