Re: Repeated Connection Serveur Timed Out (code:net) during drop

by Golden_Gooze

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Repeated Connection Serveur Timed Out (code:net) during drop

★★ Novice

Hi,

Since season 5, I suffer very very frequent crashes during drop jump, "Connection to server timed out (code:net)"

It's more likely if I am jump master but also occur if I'm not.

After this, I never could reconnect (never worked), but arrive on a never-ending loading screen.

I don't have such crashes during games.

I am playing from Dubai on Belgium Servers mostly, but encounter the issue in every server I played.

I rebooted my router, put it right next to PS4, nothing changes.

Could you please help me fix this.

Message 1 of 11 (1,139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there, @Golden_Gooze.

I'll try to help find out why this is happening. It sounds like you might be on a wireless connection. Is that correct?

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,061 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Golden_Gooze.

I'll try to help find out why this is happening. It sounds like you might be on a wireless connection. Is that correct?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I play on an Xbox one X, and it's never timed me like this, this many times before. It's like 5-6 times a match for about a week now. I can play any other online game and I just want to play Apex and to be honest, but I'm forced to play other games now. It's been, I'm just gonna say, damn depressing really lol anyways, I've tried the unplug modem and console thing and I've been trying anything and everything, and it's not my internet provider bc everything for anything works perfectly fine. And Its a wireless connection, please, I could use some help here, bc if it continues then I'm going to have to stop playing apex, which, sorry for my language, but it sucks. No other way to put it and I feel like a * towards my random teammates who have to worry about it and pretty much be at a disadvantage everytime I drop. It starts immediately when I'm in the drop ship, and then frequently throughout the game. If theres something I'm not doing correctly, I'd appreciate the support and insight. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,042 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am indeed on a wireless connection.

However, I am not sure it is a slow speed issue ...

Message 4 of 11 (1,021 Views)

★★ Novice
@M3teoricV Same feeling here man ... It's a huge loss of points in Ranked games for myself but also for my teammates who shouldn't be impacted !

In the end it's very frustrating and makes me want to stop playing ...
Message 5 of 11 (1,019 Views)

Community Manager

@M3teoricV @Golden_Gooze 

Can both of you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 11 (965 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a wire.
But router is literally just next to the PS4, cannot be closer
Message 7 of 11 (953 Views)

Community Manager

@Golden_Gooze 

You're still going to be susceptible to interference. Even being close. Your connection will be stronger, but interference from other devices and the lack of stability with a wireless connection in general are going to cause lag and disconnects. Can you possibly get a wire and see if your connection improves?

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 11 (924 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

The problem is still here.

I've been playing with ethernet cable connection since 3 days and it does not change anything.... it may even been morse.

Today I cannot play, I have Timed out 6 games out of 8, with no reconnection possible. Always at the very beggining of the game, while or right after drop.

Message 9 of 11 (760 Views)

★ Guide
@Golden_Gooze i have the same issue and it seems occurring after the horizon update.
Message 10 of 11 (751 Views)