Re: Rename character

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

Rename character

★★★ Newbie

Really EA? I've been away from the game for a few months, and today I decided to come back. But wath happened? I have to rename my characters because you change servers. I've been playing this game since the firts game and always been a suscriber, but you know wath? You lost my suscription!! Why in the hell have I to change the names of my characters, names that I use since day 1, because of your choices?? If you want to change servers, its ok, but don't make people who have characters level 70 rename them. Keep the * names!!!

Message 1 of 2 (202 Views)

Re: Rename character

EA Live QV Team

@AhedanNumenor

I know it's disappointing to lose character names in a merge like this, I lost a few names myself. Here's how the name conflicts worked:

We know how much you care about your character names, so we’ve done our best to make the outcome of any character name clashes as fair as possible.

Here’s how we’re going to handle them:

Character names
  • If you’re a Free-to-Play player, you haven’t logged in to the game since July 26, 2017, and your character is under level 10, you will have to rename your character.
  • If you’re a Premium player (Subscriber), your characters have priority over Free-to-play and Preferred status players when it comes to their names.
  • If more than one Premium player has the same character name, the most active player gets to keep it.
  • You’ll know as soon as you log in if you need to change the name of your character, and you will have to rename them before you can log in with them

You can check here for more information: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-united-forces-information/

Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)