Removed companion gear!

by taylor1864

Original Post

Removed companion gear!

★★★★ Novice

I havent played swtor in almost a year. I decided i was going to log in tonight and check things out . I was thinking of resubscribing until i saw that all of my companions had lost their gear. I noticed alot of it was in the mail. Its been so long i have no clue which toon wore which set of gear and weapons. I took some of it out of the mail and tried to equip it on my companion. It would not equip. Said i had to be subscribed. Why on gods green earth would yall remove my companions gear while i was not playing for these few months? It will take me a whole month to figure out which piece of gear goes where. If i resubscribe will their gear be placed back where it goes. On the correct character? I quit playing because of a datacron . I received all three datadisk. It took me 14 hours to get all three. I went to get the datacron and it was bugged and i lost my datadisk. It took me 14 more hours to get another set of three disk.. I waited a couple of months and yall couldnt tell me if the datacron had been fixed so i quit playing. There was no need to play if i couldnt max out my characters stats. Now i have logged in to find that my companions have been stripped of their gear. It seems nothing has changed. That does not encourage me to resubscribe. 

Message 1 of 3 (2,180 Views)

Re: Removed companion gear!

@taylor1864

From the 4.0 patch notes here

Companion System Changes
The current Affection system has been replaced with Influence. Companion characters react to your conversation options by displaying their reaction when the choice is made (e.g. Vette approves your decision, M1-4X will remember this, etc.). Whether a companion agrees or disagrees with your decision, you will still build influence with them depending on their reaction and severity of the action. We want to reward you for spending time with your companions and not worry about losing progression or standing by making decisions the way you think your character should.

As you gain Influence, you'll increase your Influence Rank with that companion. Increasing your Influence Rank with a companion directly increases that companion's combat and crafting performance in the form of a bonus to Presence, Crafting Speed, and Crafting Critical. Each point of Presence now provides a percentage bonus to a companion's performance, rather than flat numerical bonuses. This means Presence will scale better at higher levels. Additionally, Crafting bonuses are now entirely driven by Influence rank. As such, the inherent Companion Crafting Bonuses for specific Crew Skills have been removed (e.g. "+5 Armormech Critical").

All players' Affection totals will be converted directly into Influence at a 1:1 ratio, so you keep the points that you’ve gained thus far; however, Influence goes beyond the previous 10,000 limit for Affection. You’ll be able to gain even more Influence with each of your companions!

Additional Companion-related changes:

• New Rank 6 Companion gifts have been introduced!
  • Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression, rather than affection/influence thresholds.
  • All companions are now capable of performing all three combat roles (Tank, DPS, Healing), and can be freely switched between roles (so long as they're not currently in combat). No need to worry if you love M1-4X but really need a healer!
  • Companion gear is now purely aesthetic. Players no longer need to worry about companions underperforming because of their outdated gear. While equipment will still change the visual appearance of companions just as it did before (it's important to look your best when you're adventuring across the galaxy!), companions will no longer gain combat stats from their gear. Due to this change, any gear slots which have no effect on a given companion's appearance will be removed from that companion. Any gear in those slots will be returned directly to the Character's inventory.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (2,164 Views)

Re: Removed companion gear!

★★ Apprentice

Companions no longer need gear (except any type of mainhand). Their efficiency is based on your character presence and influence level with that companion.

Items...you can recycle them for some credits or RE them for mats.

Message 3 of 3 (2,141 Views)