Re: Regular lag in FIFA seasons

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Regular lag in FIFA seasons

★★★ Newbie

In about 3 out of every 5 games I play in Seasons, I experience lag and an almost imperceptible delay between pressing a button and the player performing the action, but enough of a delay to ruin gameplay.

I'M ABSOLUTELY FED UP WITH IT!!!

I paid good money for the game and my online service.

No other game experiences any online connection problem.

I can stream music or films without interruption.

I don't want excuses.

I want EA to fix the issue and provide me with the service that I've paid for. Playing games is meant to be fun - broken games are not fun.

I've been made aware that Konomi have fixed this issue on Pro Evolution Soccer. It's not my preference to change brand, but if I am not ASSURED that this is getting fixed (preferably immediately, but in FIFA 21 at the latest) I'll be changing when the new game comes out.

Message 1 of 91 (12,535 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @brydopants,

If you're still experiencing lag, I'd like to try to find out why that's happening. First, are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, what system do you play on?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 91 (12,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FUT online games work perfectly fine, it's the seasons that lags to hell....dont pretend you don't know exactly the reason...coincidently you pay to win on FUT and not on Seasons so guess which has the servers that work...

Message 3 of 91 (12,387 Views)

Community Manager

@K1ngSeags 

Seasons matches don't take place on our servers as they use a peer to peer connection. Either you or your opponent are the host. If one of you has a bad connection, both will feel it. We can troubleshoot your connection if you like. That would get us some more information about your connection.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 91 (12,378 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why do I match with opponents that have terrible South American connections after I have blocked them on PSN? I shouldn’t play a player I have blocked but I do in fifa. Is there any way to avoid them in game? The matches against them are unplayable because of their internet. 

Message 5 of 91 (12,123 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I play online season in fifa20 and fifa21,I feel very high latency in match, and feel that delay on my side is bigger than my opponent,why?
Message 6 of 91 (11,849 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo By the way I live in china,how to judge who is host,and no matter wired connection with route or modem,I still feel delay is larger than my opponent.
Message 7 of 91 (11,848 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Pr0d1gy_K 

Do you play on a wired or wireless connection? What system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 91 (11,809 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m also experiencing the same problems, I play on the PlayStation 4, I have a wired connection and live in the UK,
Message 9 of 91 (11,729 Views)

Community Manager

@Ranking007 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 91 (11,671 Views)