Regarding using Reshade is safe or not

by xorhz

Original Post

Regarding using Reshade is safe or not

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have tried using reshade(lumasharpen) with tsaa. And now its kinda mandatory (for low-resolutions).

The problem is that using that is forbidden or not?

Theres plenty topics that say its safe, and also some say its considered as scripting and may cause bans.

Since its whitelisted on EAC, if its somehow forbidden for apex, it should be said offically.

I dont want answers that say it MIGHT cause bans. We need clarity about this.

If its only considered as cheating if you use some effects but not some, we also need clarity about this.

What i seek to use it for is just "sharpening" because TSAA is hella blurry, and its the only AA mode offered ingame.

Message 1 of 3 (1,044 Views)

Re: Regarding using Reshade is safe or not

★ Guide
I've never thought Reshade is necessary on any game I've played. Most of its noticable effects can be achieved simply by tinkering with your monitor & graphic software settings.

I also don't much like the TSAA, but I find it works quite well with the adaptive supersampling enabled and additional similar settings enabled in my GPU software.
Message 2 of 3 (1,013 Views)

Re: Regarding using Reshade is safe or not

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

the thing is, antialias is required for lower resolutions than 1080p for not to kill your eyes. the color things, vibrance etc are useless but sharpening is nice.

i could achieve same visibilty as '1080p without antialiasing' with '1600x900+tsaa+sharpening' with better frames, because limiting factor is the VRAM for me.

i tried other antialias methods on nvidia control panel, but it seems it doesnt affect the game. nothing changes.

i dont see anything wrong with reshade to tweak those kind things, since its not different than simply being able to play on better graphics. Unless theres some effects that makes some objects invisible etc.

But the issue is clarity here, not the necessity for using it. I can live without it sure, but if its not forbidden, i would like to use it.
And i would like to know if its OFFICALLY forbidden.

Message 3 of 3 (1,005 Views)