Re: Refund Apple or EA

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Refund Apple or EA

★★ Novice

I post this for my German friend:

I have Apple IOS device and I play on my Ipad Pro. When I make purchases, it is through Apple. Apple has to pass the bill on to EA. If EA has received confirmation from apple, you get your purchase pack. In my case, this was not forwarded. Apple doesn't want to refund my money. EA also says they can't help. I have now written this problem via EA Help and contected them by phone. I am quite disappointed and my confidence is not there at the moment in both of them. Apple wrote it did not meet the service for a refund. Apple says it was paid for. I have the bill, no money, no pack. Since both parties don't feel responsible, I'm a bit at a loss and it's very frustrating. Does somebody know which steps I can still take?

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 13 (2,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hi @SimsSilence1,

I'm afraid I cannot help add content in place of the support team. All I can do is offer advise as missing content cases are something that only the support team can assist with. At this point, I'd recommend reopening their case with the support team again.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (2,139 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimsSilence1 I don't know the answer but I'll ask for advice. Do you know if they have tried to contact their bank? They could probably help to get a refund.

Here is the link to the German forums in case your friend wants to post there: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Die-Sims-Mobile/bd-p/die-sims-mobile-technical-issues-de

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 13 (2,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @SimsSilence1 

Unfortunately, Apple refunds isn't an issue EA can assist you with. For any iOS purchase, you'd need to connect with Apple for their support team to review if you meet their criteria for a refund as you've done here. From your message, Apple have confirmed you don't meet the criteria for a refund with them. 

However, if you're missing content you've paid for, please connect with the EA support team with valid proof of purchase and our team will look into the content. 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 13 (2,338 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for both your replies! She gave some additional information. I hope this helps. She has really already tried a lot of different things which unfortunatly haven't worked out.

She has called EA help 3 times

With EA help almost three hours written in Live Chat
She has reported the problem twice with Apple contacts.

She showed her invoice and screenshot from the purchase. So she did show proof that the purchase wasn't succesfull and didn't receive anything. 

So we are a bit desperate now! 

Message 4 of 13 (2,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @SimsSilence1,

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "she did show proof that the purchase wasn't succesful". This sounds like a failed purchase, which is essentially what happens when attempting to buy an item and the purchase doesn't go through meaning there was no charge to their account. If there's no charge, there wouldn't be any content paid for that the support team could help with. Could you clarify that for me please?

Could you also clarify why she is reaching out to EA? If it's for a refund, please know that EA can't offer her a refund for Apple purchases. The EA support team can only look into any paid content that she didn't receive with valid proof of purchase.

What constitutes valid proof of purchase for iTunes App Store is outlined here specifically: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase/#mobile
It may help to review what was attached and ensure it matches exactly the criteria outlined in that article.

- EA_Lanna

Message 5 of 13 (2,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry for the delay, I have some more information now hopefully clarifying things.

She received the invoice from Apple and they also deducted money for the pack - but she never received the pack.

In detail:

- I contacted EA Help Chat. They wanted to see my Apple bill. I sent it. I sent my screenshot where it says The purchase was successful, the picture was taken in the game.

- Then the chat told me they couldn't help. You can't give me the pack. I should contact Appel. I did this with report a problem. You cannot refund.

- I called EA again and they told me they didn't get the money for the pack. I should contact Apple and i won't get a refund from Apple.

It went wrong when she tried to buy the gold Luxe Living pack and she never received the pack. Maybe there is some possibility she can still get that pack?

Thanks once more!

Message 6 of 13 (2,199 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @SimsSilence1

Ok so your friend isn't looking for a refund. They are hoping to receive the content from the purchase? The support team should be able to assist with that if a help ticket is generated from in-game (follow the steps outlined here) and the proof of purchase matches the specifications in this EA Help article for iTunes purchases: 'How to provide proof of purchase'.

- EA_Lanna

Message 7 of 13 (2,166 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna She said she already tried all those things and has sent all the information they need - but still nothing happens. That's I think also why she asked my to reach out to you via this forum.
Message 8 of 13 (2,156 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SimsSilence1,

I'm afraid I cannot help add content in place of the support team. All I can do is offer advise as missing content cases are something that only the support team can assist with. At this point, I'd recommend reopening their case with the support team again.

- EA_Lanna

Message 9 of 13 (2,140 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Okay, thank you for all your help!
Message 10 of 13 (2,130 Views)