Re: Refer a Friend Not Working

by EA_Andy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Refer a Friend Not Working

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I recently did Refer a Friend on my fiancee and it's not registered there account name on my Refer a Friend tab saying whether or not they got it however I did make my fiancee's account with her and clicked the link in her email from my referral and it said "Do you wish to accept Gromrosh" etc We clicked Yes and then we made the account she was then a Free to Play for a few days to see whether she liked the game and she did which then she became a Subscriber within the first few days.

So I'm not sure who do I contact on here or ingame about the referral and the rewards that are to come with it.

Message 1 of 5 (831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Gromrosh - if everything was ticked when the account was created and it was a brand new account then it should be eligible for a link.

Your best bet now would be to contact the support team through an in-game ticket so they can investigate further - http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/INFO-Getting-Help/m-p/4806237#U4806237

Thanks,

- Andy -

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (829 Views)

All Replies

Hey @Gromrosh

When setting up the new account did you opt in for SWTOR marketing emails? Without signing up to this the referral won't work.

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 2 of 5 (816 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @EA_Andy

Yeah I did tick all 3 boxes for that on both accounts mine and my fiancee's.

When I made my account ages ago and when I made hers with her.

So I'm unsure why its not worked.

Message 3 of 5 (806 Views)

Hey @Gromrosh - if everything was ticked when the account was created and it was a brand new account then it should be eligible for a link.

Your best bet now would be to contact the support team through an in-game ticket so they can investigate further - http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/INFO-Getting-Help/m-p/4806237#U4806237

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 4 of 5 (830 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @EA_Andy

Thanks for the reply ok I'll send an in-game ticket.

Message 5 of 5 (799 Views)