Redeemed code : game not showing in app.

by JasonBason72

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Redeemed code : game not showing in app.

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have been playing the 10 hour trial of Battlefield 2042 and have actually been really enjoying it.  I decided to but a game code from cd keys while the 10 hour trial was still live.  After entering it into the EA website and been accepted (i think as a 10 hour trial???!!) it is not showing as I own the game.  The 10 hour trial finished and it is now asking me to purchase the game through EA.  I tried to redeem the code again and it is now showing as redeemed.

Any help much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Redeemed code : game not showing in app.

★★★★★ Expert

@JasonBason72 wrote:

Hi, I have been playing the 10 hour trial of Battlefield 2042 and have actually been really enjoying it.  I decided to but a game code from cd keys while the 10 hour trial was still live.  After entering it into the EA website and been accepted (i think as a 10 hour trial???!!) it is not showing as I own the game.  The 10 hour trial finished and it is now asking me to purchase the game through EA.  I tried to redeem the code again and it is now showing as redeemed.

I would contact CD keys directly as the purchase of Battlefield games are only supported from Origin and the Steam stores.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (860 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@JasonBason72 wrote:

I would contact CD keys directly as the purchase of Battlefield games are only supported from Origin and the Steam stores.

Message 2 of 4 (861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I think you may be correct here.   Looking at the CDkeys website it says it has to be redeemed on the Origin webpage.   However the code was redeemed by EA. I have tried activating it again on EA and also now Origin and it states the code is now redeemed.  Why is EA allowing a code to be redeemed if it is for use only on Origins website only.  They then do not allow you to use it after the mistake??

Message 3 of 4 (829 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They expect the purchase to come through the Steam or Origin store. I doubt they have any way of determining if the CD key you are using came from elsewhere.

JMHO

Message 4 of 4 (820 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help