Red dot and nothing new

by GorillaIsTaken

Original Post

Red dot and nothing new

★★★★ Novice

I got the red dot that signifies the fact that I may have a new skin for Pathfinder, but there is no skin and the dot won't go away.

Message 1 of 7 (3,527 Views)

Re: Red dot and nothing new

★★★★★ Novice

Did you use the twitch prime launch parameters exploit thing? Because: To have the twitch prime skin for pathfinder you have to have twitch prime active. if you enable twitch prime through the launch parameters for the crates, never look at the skin, and then remove the parameters (or when they fixed the exploit), it will be stuck with the red dot. 

Message 2 of 7 (3,516 Views)

Re: Red dot and nothing new

★★★★ Novice

Yeah that's what happened and now I'm stuck with the dot now... Just hoping some staff might forgive me for using the exploit and maybe help me.

Message 3 of 7 (3,511 Views)

No new skin in my pathfinder legends skin menu even (red circle notification)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GEFORCE GTX 870M
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? INTERPOL-XXI
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. mabesthree
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? gibraltar
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. skins
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. i dont understand
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? maybe 100
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 21.06.2019 22:00
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? no new skin in my pathfinder legends skin menu even it has red circle notification
What should be happening instead? i should able to click new skin and the red circle notification gone
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? login to my account ?

No new skin in my pathfinder legends skin menu even it has red circle notification

pathfinder skins

Message 4 of 7 (3,453 Views)

Red Dot Madness

★★★ Apprentice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PotatoPotahtoh
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Legends
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. N/A
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Season 1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Every legend has a red dot next to their character badge indicating I have a new item that has not been viewed. When I am on the character item screen the Banners tab has a red dot, but there are no new banners to view. I cannot clear this red dot and it appears for all characters.
What should be happening instead? No red dot since I have no new items
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure

Hi there - minor bug here, but drives me a little crazy...

In the Legends menu every legend has a red dot next to their character icon that indicates I have a new item available. When I am on the character screen the Banners tab has the red dot, but there are no new banners to view. I cannot clear this red dot and it appears for all characters. Started happening in Season 1. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Message 5 of 7 (3,399 Views)

Pathfinder notification for skin won't disappear

★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? cmr333
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. menu hero gallery
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19/07/2019
What happens when the bug occurs? Pathfinder notification for skin won't disappear despite that I have no new skins to unlock/see
What should be happening instead? Notification shouldn't appear because there is no new item for me to "see"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, it's just me who has this problem

I know this problem isn't client-sided, same problem occurs when using multiple PC's with same account, doesn't occur if I use a temporary new account on same PC.

Message 6 of 7 (3,387 Views)

Banner Bug Ps4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Crash_Nut
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. n/a
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Loading screen before matches
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 100
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20/08/19 00:01
What happens when the bug occurs? After Bloodhound heirloom event. In the loading screen, the red icon shows up (like you missed something new) under legend, go to legends, and every legend has a red dot, go to any legend and the banner shows the red icon. Nothing new has been given.
What should be happening instead? No red icon
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? IDK an update?

After Bloodhound heirloom event. In the loading screen, the red icon shows up (like you missed something new) under legend, go to legends, and every legend has a red dot, go to any legend and the banner shows the red icon. Nothing new has been given.

Message 7 of 7 (3,068 Views)