Re: Red connection symbols when playing Apex.

by MuntedHitman

Original Post

Re: Red connection symbols when playing Apex (Unplayable)

Community Manager

Hey Legends,

We're looking to gather some more information around high latency while in game. We have a post at the top of the Technical Issues board here. Any help you can ping our way would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 28 (869 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

It's likely not your ISP.  I ran one for 3 years and was a support manager prior to that. 

I have an average of 107/12mbps connection which is more than capable for this game.  

The game worked perfectly well for me before the hunter challenges update arrived.

Now I'm getting booted spontaneously from the games, getting shot through walls and doors and for some reason when my team drops fastest possible, there are teams fully kitted in gold waiting and ready to kill us...

I suspect cheating there, even though this happened twice in a row today after the latest patch. I am yet to play a third game due to the fact that I was killed by being shot through a closed door.

I wish EA would stop trying to fix the petty stuff like ammo count and needed jumping, and start working on what makes the game playable... Like fixing up congestion and stop merging Aussie servers with the US servers because that lags so freaking hard!!

Message 22 of 28 (854 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agree with everything you said and glad you shared this.

Message 23 of 28 (847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i think i solve it by changing my dns 

Message 24 of 28 (783 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If your latency is 25 ms and packet loss 0% then lag is not due to servers. The problem is on your end only, probably your PC.

Message 25 of 28 (776 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can share what DNS you were using and what it is now? Also, what steps did you follow to change DNS?

Message 26 of 28 (775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my dns before this was the cloudflare dns n i just changing it to default by ticking the Obtain dns server address automatical|ly
u can follow the link below on how to change it but if u have it by default then probably my method just my luck 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

Message 27 of 28 (764 Views)

Community Manager

@ThanksALOTT 

Some players have also been having success solving connectivity issues by changing the DNS manually to the Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 28 (736 Views)