Re: Red Speedometer ALWAYS up

by Fzinm

Original Post

Red Speedometer ALWAYS up

★ Apprentice

The red speedometer on my screen is always up. How do I fix whatever connectivity issue is causing it? My internet is really good. I download big games fast. I don't experience high latency in any other games, but I have been getting a warning in Ubisoft games lately that I have poor host connection. I don't experience any actual lag though and just assume Ubis servers are trash.

To be clear it never crashes, but the red speedometer is ALWAYS up. And I think it's effecting what hits are registering for me or not, seeing as how I somehow point blank missed someone with a full eva clip. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,290 Views)

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @Ysil69. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,222 Views)

★★ Apprentice

everyone i played with last night including me had the same problem when the game went live after patch it was like 300ms delay i have 400mb fiber so shouldnt be a problem as it only lags in apex like most players since patch its definatley your update to the server

Message 3 of 10 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here's my results from UOtrace 

Message 4 of 10 (2,169 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ysil69 based on your UO Trace I can see a number of things which would be cause for concern and explain issues with the connection that you are having.

The first thing is that you have packet loss of 1% and 3% on three hops and while this may not seem like much it can be the difference between the game working and not working. More alarming is the very high Ping best/worst differences that you have. Any difference of 100ms or more is a cause for concern and you have a difference of 131ms on your first hop and it gets worse from there. 

The best thing to do is go through the troubleshooting steps I posted above and if the issue remains to speak with your ISP showing them your UO Trace.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (2,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello 

I have the same problem, but in my case the speedometer comes once in every 3 games. 

I dont have this problem in other games.

I added 2 tests of my UO Trace.

Message 6 of 10 (1,766 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I love how EA responds on EVERY speedometer lag issue "do troubleshooting check router". CHECK YOUR SERVERS! alot of people suddenly have this problem including me and they blame it on our internet

Message 7 of 10 (1,740 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @howiekoo I'm seeing clear connection issues there, you have some very high pings and on a number of hops you have a Ping bast/worst difference of over 100ms. Any differences of 100ms or more is cause for concern and I'm seeing differences of over 300ms there.

The best thing to do is to speak with your ISP and show them your UO Traces.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,700 Views)

Community Manager

If having a connection issue @bbrtz92 then I'm happy to take a look at your UO Trace to see what I can see.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (1,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ola Darko, sou do Brasil porém meu ingles é péssimo, espero que consiga entender essa mensagem... Bem, o APEX logo tera um crossplay certo? gostaria de saber se depois desta atualização eu vou conseguir transferir meu progresso do ps4 para meu computador.

@EA_Darko wrote:

If having a connection issue @bbrtz92 then I'm happy to take a look at your UO Trace to see what I can see.

Darko 

Message 10 of 10 (1,684 Views)